Iomega 250MB External USB Powered Zip Drive

I have received advice that Iomega 250MB External USB
Powered Zip Drives are not compatible with WinXP. That
in order to use them XP had to be taken off the
machines. Does anyone have experience with this and is
there a solution other then changing OS?
2 answers Last reply
More about iomega 250mb external powered drive

    Iomega 250MB External USB Powered Zip Drives are 100% compatible
    with Windows XP with Service Pack 1 installed.
    Make sure you download and install the correct Iomega software and drivers.
    Ref: http://www.iomega.com/software/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Michael" <deforestm@catlin.edu> wrote in message:

    |I have received advice that Iomega 250MB External USB
    | Powered Zip Drives are not compatible with WinXP. That
    | in order to use them XP had to be taken off the
    | machines. Does anyone have experience with this and is
    | there a solution other then changing OS?

    I have a USB-powered ZIP-250 and it functions fine, both at home and work,
    where I have XP home and XP professional, respectively. Both are XP, SP-1,
    but I doubt that is really important.

    Note that I did NOT need to install any drivers or Iomegaware. I merely
    plugged the ZIP drive into a USB port, XP recognized it as new hardware,
    loaded generic drivers, and it worked.

    "Michael" <deforestm@catlin.edu> wrote in message
    > I have received advice that Iomega 250MB External USB
    > Powered Zip Drives are not compatible with WinXP. That
    > in order to use them XP had to be taken off the
    > machines. Does anyone have experience with this and is
    > there a solution other then changing OS?

Iomega Zip Disk External USB Windows XP