static IRQ for my WinTV PCI Card

Hi,

I have a ASUS 7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2 Mainboard, running BIOS Rev. 1008.

I would like to gave my WinTV card a static and own IRQ, but I couldn´t find a possible entry in BIOS Setup under "PCI & PnP Configuration". There, I only could reserve a IRQ for a none PnP Card (but that doesn´t help me out). :-(

On my OS (Win XP SP2), I couldn´t set a static IRQ.

Are there any other possibilities?

Thanks

Carsten Remien

--

(Use ROT13 to see my email address)
3 answers Last reply

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:57:39 +0100, "Remien, Carsten"
    <arjf.erzvra@tzk.vasb> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a ASUS 7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2 Mainboard, running BIOS Rev. 1008.
    >
    >I would like to gave my WinTV card a static and own IRQ, but I couldn´t find a possible entry in BIOS Setup under "PCI & PnP Configuration". There, I only could reserve a IRQ for a none PnP Card (but that doesn´t help me out). :-(
    >
    >On my OS (Win XP SP2), I couldn´t set a static IRQ.
    >
    >Are there any other possibilities?
    >

    >Thanks
    >
    >Carsten Remien

    If you are looking to assure that the slot has an exclusive IRQ
    assignment, you are out of luck since all 5 PCI slots share resources
    with other slots and various onboard peripherals. The chart on page
    32 of the manual indicates the following:

    PCI slot 1 shares with slot 5 and the WiFi slot
    PCI slot 2 shares with the AGP slot
    PCI slot 3 shares with SATA devices
    PCI slot 4 shares with the Gigabit LAN adapter
    PCI slot 5 shares with slot 1 and the WiFi slot

    Now, if you have nothing in slot 1 and you are not using the WiFi
    slot, then you can put the card in slot 5 and it will have an
    exclusive resource assignment

    Additionally, if you have no SATA devices, then PCI slot 3 will
    receive an exclusive assignment.

    With ACPI enabled, XP will make virtual IRQ assignments and pretty
    much any conflicts that might have been a concern in the past, will
    not be an issue today.

    Are you experiencing issues with your current setup, or just trying to
    plan so you don't have any issues?

    Regards,

    Ender

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

    "Ender" <enderwiggin3rd@SBhotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:53svo05ac7i5ehegk2uk70sohke6n8jhen@4ax.com...

    | Now, if you have nothing in slot 1 and you are not using the WiFi
    | slot, then you can put the card in slot 5 and it will have an
    | exclusive resource assignment

    Hm, Slot 1 is free and when I put the TV Card in Slot 5, it share´s it with "NVIDIA PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller".

    | Additionally, if you have no SATA devices, then PCI slot 3 will
    | receive an exclusive assignment.

    The same as Slot 5 :-(
    (SATA is disabled)

    I have also tried with APIC enabled/disabled.

    I think, I have to create two Hardwareprofiles, one as now, the other with disabled USB Support.

    --

    (Use ROT13 to see my email address)

    Hm, Slot 1 is free and when I put the TV Card in Slot 5, it share´s it with
    "NVIDIA PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller".

    | Additionally, if you have no SATA devices, then PCI slot 3 will
    | receive an exclusive assignment.

    The same as Slot 5 :-(
    (SATA is disabled)

    I have also tried with APIC enabled/disabled.

    I think, I have to create two Hardwareprofiles, one as now, the other with
    disabled USB Support.

    Why? XP can do the IRQ sharing without a problem. If it doesn't work then
    it's a driver issue.

Asus PCI WinTV Motherboards