1394 device not recognized or SYSTEM CRASH

rlk

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2004

just upgraded my mobo to asus p5ad2
my old Nikon scanner (coolscan 4000 ED firewire) is not recognized
when you plug it into the 1394 port on the motherboard. the firewire
driver I am using is from asus (Unibrain 800) if I switch to the Texas
Instruments OHCI driver XP crashes with a sbp2port.sys error when the
scanner is plugged in.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Oh using XP professional service pack 2

Paul

Splendid

In article <e0b7a227.0411081741.65e32c8a@posting.google.com>,
rlkern@hotmail.com (RLK) wrote:

> just upgraded my mobo to asus p5ad2
> my old Nikon scanner (coolscan 4000 ED firewire) is not recognized
> when you plug it into the 1394 port on the motherboard. the firewire
> driver I am using is from asus (Unibrain 800) if I switch to the Texas
> Instruments OHCI driver XP crashes with a sbp2port.sys error when the
> scanner is plugged in.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
>
> Oh using XP professional service pack 2

http://www.msnusers.com/WindowsSupport/winxpsupport.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=1829&LastModified=4675486106236940282

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20040823/index.html

I'm guessing you have the Premium, with its 1394B chip. Maybe that
has something to do with your problem. Perhaps returning to SP1 is
the right answer for now. Or buying a 400mbs firewire card :-(

HTH,
Paul