HP 1220c inkjet error code 90020403 ?

Hi

I have a 1220C inket that most of the time refuses to work. Sometimes after
a few hours (literally hours) of sitting there (sometimes moving the print
head back and forth - sometimes buzzing) it will decide to work again.
During its latest working session I printed the diagnostic page (hold power
on and press feed 4 times) and it shows the last error code as 90020403.

I can't find any trace of numbers like that on the net. Does anyone know
what it means?

The buzzing comes from low down near the paper tray at the service station
end. It is NOT the service station motor. I replaced that already. When it
feels like printing the service station functions fine. Carts are new and
contacts are clean. Its 3+ years old but has only printed less than 4000
pages.

Any help appreciated

Robert.

There could be a few causes.
First of all have you oiled carriage bar?

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

"Adriatic" <servis@adriatix.hr> wrote in message
> There could be a few causes.
> First of all have you oiled carriage bar?

I did put a little WD40 on it when I first started prodding it.
It does move the print head back and forth during one of its random clicking
and buzzing phases - so its not stuck.

It may be too sticky. So put some fresh oil or ask for proper silicon oil .
This bar should be clean like a whistle.
Same it goes to the position foil above it. But by all means do not oil it.

--

> It may be too sticky. So put some fresh oil or ask for proper silicon oil
..
> This bar should be clean like a whistle.
> Same it goes to the position foil above it. But by all means do not oil
it.

There was a slight deposit on the bar above the cleaning station. The whole
bar is now mirror clean and lightly silicone oiled.

The printer is now ( for the last 20 mins anyway) sitting there constantly
nudging the ink station wiper mechanism towards the back of the printer.
Having reached its limit it is still nudging the motor every 4 seconds or
so. At the same time the power light blinks off for a moment.

It was that behaviour that made me get a new motor for the ink station -
thinking it was not working right.

After an hour or so of this it might decide to put the ink light on....after
which it might agree to print something. At least that's what usually
happens.

Any more ideas welcome!

Thanks

Robert.

Hi
are you able to switch you charts with someones printer?

Just for trial.

--

> "Adriatic" <servis@adriatix.hr> wrote in message
> >
> > It may be too sticky. So put some fresh oil or ask for proper silicon
oil
> .
> > This bar should be clean like a whistle.
> > Same it goes to the position foil above it. But by all means do not oil
> it.
>
> There was a slight deposit on the bar above the cleaning station. The
whole
> bar is now mirror clean and lightly silicone oiled.
>
> The printer is now ( for the last 20 mins anyway) sitting there constantly
> nudging the ink station wiper mechanism towards the back of the printer.
> Having reached its limit it is still nudging the motor every 4 seconds or
> so. At the same time the power light blinks off for a moment.
>
> It was that behaviour that made me get a new motor for the ink station -
> thinking it was not working right.
>
> After an hour or so of this it might decide to put the ink light
on....after
> which it might agree to print something. At least that's what usually
> happens.
>
> Any more ideas welcome!
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert.