K8V SE Deluxe and microphone use ?

I have never connected or used a microphone with a PC before but ,
since installing the software Skype , it will now be necessary to
install one.

Can anyone explain , please , where you plug a mic into the K8V SE
Deluxe and , also , headphones .

Is this possible without having a sound card installed ?

Since upgrading recently to this board which has sound incorporated I
didn't bother replacing the sound card from my old board.

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

Paul

Splendid

In article <hbg1p098tmkdeqap13e4jhv9pshjkb32ib@4ax.com>,
admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:

> I have never connected or used a microphone with a PC before but ,
> since installing the software Skype , it will now be necessary to
> install one.
>
> Can anyone explain , please , where you plug a mic into the K8V SE
> Deluxe and , also , headphones .
>
> Is this possible without having a sound card installed ?
>
> Since upgrading recently to this board which has sound incorporated I
> didn't bother replacing the sound card from my old board.
>
> B.N.
> --
>
> to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

See the motherboard CD. Look under drivers, for

"AD1980 SoundMax Audio Driver".

Install it, before following the procedure below.

Page 5-16 of the manual:

"Adjusting the microphone setting"

1) Select two speaker mode. Read the previous sections in the
manual to find out how to do this.
2) Plug microphone into "pink" jack (bottom one of the stack)
3) Uncheck the "Mic2 select" box. When the box is checked, the
microphone connected to FP_AUDIO is used. When the box is
unchecked, the "pink" jack is selected as the microphone.
4) Check the "Mic Boost" box. If the microphone is too loud,
visit the control panel again and uncheck the box. A mic
boost function typically boosts the signal by 20dB. Mic
boost is needed for dynamic microphones (unamplified), and
is not needed for electret microphones or amplified
microphones. Ceramic or piezoelectric microphones also
tend to have higher level output than a dynamic microphone.

HTH,
Paul

>> to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
>
>See the motherboard CD. Look under drivers, for
>
> "AD1980 SoundMax Audio Driver".
>
>Install it, before following the procedure below.
>
>Page 5-16 of the manual:
>
>"Adjusting the microphone setting"
>
>1) Select two speaker mode. Read the previous sections in the
> manual to find out how to do this.
>2) Plug microphone into "pink" jack (bottom one of the stack)
>3) Uncheck the "Mic2 select" box. When the box is checked, the
> microphone connected to FP_AUDIO is used. When the box is
> unchecked, the "pink" jack is selected as the microphone.
>4) Check the "Mic Boost" box. If the microphone is too loud,
> visit the control panel again and uncheck the box. A mic
> boost function typically boosts the signal by 20dB. Mic
> boost is needed for dynamic microphones (unamplified), and
> is not needed for electret microphones or amplified
> microphones. Ceramic or piezoelectric microphones also
> tend to have higher level output than a dynamic microphone.
>
>HTH,

I'm sure it will Paul - haven't got around to it yet - much
appreciated and thanks.

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"