Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe hardware revision ....

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.fr.portables.asus,asus.support.english.mainboard (More info?)

Hello!

Could someone write what is the latest revision
of the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard?
There is no such information on Asus websites
(and it shuold be there such information)
and I haven't recive an answer from Asus for
my email about latest revision of this mother board.
Revision I mean Hardware revision not motherboard
with newer BIOS.

Thanks

Yes, its a puzzle to me too...

I have revision 1.01 (printed on the mobo itself) and was told it doesn't
support the 200mhz FSB very well at all. However I also know someone with
the same revision who has pc3500 working on it with 200mhz FSB. According to
motherboard monitor 5 this board has revisions 1.xx and 2.xx (and the CPU
diode temp. doesn't work). Has anyone got an E Deluxe motherboard with a
revision 2?

"Quietman" <quietman1968 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
> Yes, its a puzzle to me too...
>
> I have revision 1.01 (printed on the mobo itself) and was told it doesn't
> support the 200mhz FSB very well at all. However I also know someone with
> the same revision who has pc3500 working on it with 200mhz FSB. According
> to motherboard monitor 5 this board has revisions 1.xx and 2.xx (and the
> CPU diode temp. doesn't work). Has anyone got an E Deluxe motherboard with
> a revision 2?

I have a revision 1.01 (printed on the mobo itself) and WCPUID
reports as version 2.xx. It has the Nvidia nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset
(device 01E0 revision C1 SubSystem 80AC1043) so "200mhz FSB"
is no problem. It is a little picky about memory and/or memory
timings, might have to go from 2 to 2.5 CAS for instance.

Luck;
Ken

grzes wrote:
> Could someone write what is the latest revision
> of the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard?

Apparently, Asus only made a revision 1.01 of the -E boards.

Uzytkownik "Outback Jon" <outback@mh.no.sp.am.online.net> napisal w
wiadomosci news:41918239$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> grzes wrote:
> > Could someone write what is the latest revision
> > of the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard?
>
> Apparently, Asus only made a revision 1.01 of the -E boards.

Who knows...

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:33:38 -0000, "Quietman" <quietman1968 at hotmail
dot com> wrote:

>Yes, its a puzzle to me too...
>
>I have revision 1.01 (printed on the mobo itself) and was told it doesn't
>support the 200mhz FSB very well at all. However I also know someone with
>the same revision who has pc3500 working on it with 200mhz FSB. According to
>motherboard monitor 5 this board has revisions 1.xx and 2.xx (and the CPU
>diode temp. doesn't work). Has anyone got an E Deluxe motherboard with a
>revision 2?

I think you are mixing 2 different boards here the A7N8X (no E) came
in 2 revisions 1.01 and 2 1.01 struggles with 200 FSB the 2.0 seemed
to improve matters. The A7N8X -E only came as 1.01 and was designed
from the outset to support 200FSB

>"grzes" <grzes@grzes.ha> wrote in message
>> Hello!
>>
>> Could someone write what is the latest revision
>> of the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard?
>> There is no such information on Asus websites
>> (and it shuold be there such information)
>> and I haven't recive an answer from Asus for
>> my email about latest revision of this mother board.
>> Revision I mean Hardware revision not motherboard
>> with newer BIOS.
>>

>> Thanks

The motherboard I have is an A7N8X-E Deluxe (comes with the wi-fi card)

I couldn't get an AMD 3200 XP to work with it. I have TwinMOS PC3200 RAM.
The guys at my local PC shop say they couldn't get the board running with
200mhz FSB CPU's either. Apparently the board only supports a few PC3200
RAM's to run stable. I decided to put an AMD 3000 XP in it (166mhz FSB) and
upgrade to the 64 stuff later next year. So it seems to be RAM thats the
problem for this board...

> The motherboard I have is an A7N8X-E Deluxe (comes with the wi-fi card)
>
> I couldn't get an AMD 3200 XP to work with it. I have TwinMOS PC3200 RAM.
> The guys at my local PC shop say they couldn't get the board running with
> 200mhz FSB CPU's either. Apparently the board only supports a few PC3200
> RAM's to run stable. I decided to put an AMD 3000 XP in it (166mhz FSB)
and
> upgrade to the 64 stuff later next year. So it seems to be RAM thats the
> problem for this board...

Some of the TwinMos stuff is actually on the asus "to use" list..
There was only about 3 sets of 3200 memory they used and TwinMOS was one of
htem.

I bet you could get it to work but shrug..
Experts dont know everything. (Talking about the PC shop)

> I have revision 1.01 (printed on the mobo itself) and was told it doesn't
> support the 200mhz FSB very well at all. However I also know someone with
> the same revision who has pc3500 working on it with 200mhz FSB. According to
> motherboard monitor 5 this board has revisions 1.xx and 2.xx (and the CPU
> diode temp. doesn't work). Has anyone got an E Deluxe motherboard with a
> revision 2?

I have Deluxe-E rev. 2 MB. In manual and asus website is written that it
supports 200Mhz FSB. I can't say it is true because I'm running 700Mhz
TB on it :( I'm planning to buy XP3200+ and it would be very very nice
if someone said wheather it works or not...

Uzytkownik "mz" <mzdericPOMAKNIOVO@net.hr> napisal w wiadomosci
> > I have revision 1.01 (printed on the mobo itself) and was told it
doesn't
> > support the 200mhz FSB very well at all. However I also know someone
with
> > the same revision who has pc3500 working on it with 200mhz FSB.
According to
> > motherboard monitor 5 this board has revisions 1.xx and 2.xx (and the
CPU
> > diode temp. doesn't work). Has anyone got an E Deluxe motherboard with a
> > revision 2?
>
> I have Deluxe-E rev. 2 MB. In manual and asus website is written that it
> supports 200Mhz FSB. I can't say it is true because I'm running 700Mhz
> TB on it :( I'm planning to buy XP3200+ and it would be very very nice
> if someone said wheather it works or not...

Hm what model of motherboard you have, Deluxe-E,
is this model exists?
Revision you can check on motherboard somewhere near
PCI slots.

iamdman

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

> I have revision 1.01 (printed on the mobo itself) and was told it doesn't
> support the 200mhz FSB very well at all. However I also know someone with
> the same revision who has pc3500 working on it with 200mhz FSB. According to
> motherboard monitor 5 this board has revisions 1.xx and 2.xx (and the CPU
> diode temp. doesn't work). Has anyone got an E Deluxe motherboard with a
> revision 2?

I have Deluxe-E rev. 2 MB. In manual and asus website is written that it
supports 200Mhz FSB. I can't say it is true because I'm running 700Mhz
TB on it :( I'm planning to buy XP3200+ and it would be very very nice
if someone said wheather it works or not...

I Ran an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with an AMD Athlon 3200+ with PC 3200 400Mhz Ram 2X512MB and it ran fine, my motherboard is also a Rev 1.01.

Do not revive five year old threads like this. You replied directly to user who has long ago left the forum and last posted on November 10, 2004.