Microphone doesn't work

Okay - I load Windows XP and now the microphone doesn't
work. It works on the Win98 system but not with WinXP
Home. I have an ASUS P4P533 motherboard with C-Media
Integrated Sound... any suggestions?

mike c

Is the microphone turned on in Volume settings? in the
accessories menu on the start menu

Mike

Splendid

What program were you using the microphone with before upgrading to Windows
XP?..

"Mike C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay - I load Windows XP and now the microphone doesn't
> work. It works on the Win98 system but not with WinXP
> Home. I have an ASUS P4P533 motherboard with C-Media
> Integrated Sound... any suggestions?
>
> mike c

Mike

Splendid

Cool Edit Pro 2

Try this. Go Start-Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices. Now click
Audio and see what you have set for Sound Recording. Also, click on
Volume for it and make sure the box next to Select (under Microphone) is
selected. You may need to turn it up a little and also, unmute it in
the playback section. To get there, click Options, Properties, click
Playback, scroll to the bottom and make sure Microphone is checked, then
click ok. Now find Microphone and make sure that it is not muted and
turned up if you want to have it come back out of your speakers.

Nathan McNulty