Question for people who still actually play TF1.5

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

My attention has recently been drawn to the fact that this game has
still not been completely ruined. Question: is it possible to replace
Valve's extremely irritating grenade timer with something else, eg
gren.wav?

Supplementary question: can the existing timer be disabled?
8 answers Last reply
More about question people play
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
    fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons

    Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.

    THANKS FOR NOTHING
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
    > Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
    > fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
    >
    > Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
    >
    > THANKS FOR NOTHING

    I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people use
    to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.

    Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.

    HTH
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    Anty dit:

    > Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
    > fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
    >
    > Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
    >
    > THANKS FOR NOTHING

    kthxbi.
    --
    Etc.

    Live - http://www.empee.org
    Dead - http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?empee
    -----------------------------
    MSN: empee at post dot com
    --------------------------------
    E & OE.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:51:48 GMT, Anty <ano@nym.ous> wrote:

    [...]
    >THANKS FOR NOTHING

    If you want an instant responce, use IRC.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:55:21 -0000, "Cookie McCrumble"
    <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
    >> Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
    >> fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
    >>
    >> Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
    >>
    >> THANKS FOR NOTHING
    >
    >I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people use
    >to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.
    >
    >Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.
    >
    >HTH

    And the moral of the story was: never try to answer your own
    questions. I did have a follow-up question, though. Perhaps someone
    less neurotic than Mr/Mrs McCrumble can answer.

    Question: what is now the correct technique for conc-jumping out of
    water? I'm getting quite unpredictable results doing it the
    old-fashioned way, and I can't find any guides written for the current
    version.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:55:21 -0000, "Cookie McCrumble"
    > <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >"Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
    > >> Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
    > >> fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
    > >>
    > >> Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
    > >>
    > >> THANKS FOR NOTHING
    > >
    > >I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people
    use
    > >to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.
    > >
    > >Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.
    > >
    > >HTH
    > >

    > And the moral of the story was: never try to answer your own
    > questions. I did have a follow-up question, though. Perhaps someone
    > less neurotic than Mr/Mrs McCrumble can answer.

    What an odd word to use....
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    Raymond Martineau, we've got a file on you:

    >On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:51:48 GMT, Anty <ano@nym.ous> wrote:
    >
    >[...]
    >>THANKS FOR NOTHING
    >
    >If you want an instant responce, use IRC.

    you mean people actually *talk* in the channel?
    --

    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Blondestranger,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
    ¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:08:44 -0000, Cookie McCrumble wrote:

    > "Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:55:21 -0000, "Cookie McCrumble"
    >> <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message

    >>>I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people
    > use
    >>>to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.
    >>>
    >>>Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.
    >>>
    >>>HTH
    >>>

    >> And the moral of the story was: never try to answer your own
    >> questions. I did have a follow-up question, though. Perhaps someone
    >> less neurotic than Mr/Mrs McCrumble can answer.
    >
    > What an odd word to use....

    Almost as odd as pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

    --
    scrum

Valve Games Video Games