Question for people who still actually play TF1.5

Last response: in Video Games
January 25, 2005 8:19:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

My attention has recently been drawn to the fact that this game has
still not been completely ruined. Question: is it possible to replace
Valve's extremely irritating grenade timer with something else, eg
gren.wav?

Supplementary question: can the existing timer be disabled?
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:51:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons

Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.

THANKS FOR NOTHING
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:55:21 PM

"Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
> Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
> fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
>
> Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
>
> THANKS FOR NOTHING

I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people use
to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.

Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.

HTH
January 25, 2005 11:30:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

Anty dit:

> Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
> fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
>
> Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
>
> THANKS FOR NOTHING

kthxbi.
--
Etc.

Live - http://www.empee.org
Dead - http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?empee
-----------------------------
MSN: empee at post dot com
--------------------------------
E & OE.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:22:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:51:48 GMT, Anty <ano@nym.ous> wrote:

[...]
>THANKS FOR NOTHING

If you want an instant responce, use IRC.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:03:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:55:21 -0000, "Cookie McCrumble"
<cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
>> Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
>> fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
>>
>> Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
>>
>> THANKS FOR NOTHING
>
>I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people use
>to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.
>
>Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.
>
>HTH

And the moral of the story was: never try to answer your own
questions. I did have a follow-up question, though. Perhaps someone
less neurotic than Mr/Mrs McCrumble can answer.

Question: what is now the correct technique for conc-jumping out of
water? I'm getting quite unpredictable results doing it the
old-fashioned way, and I can't find any guides written for the current
version.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:08:44 PM

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:55:21 -0000, "Cookie McCrumble"
> <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >"Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
> >> Answer: yes, by placing a timer.wav in SteamApps\(steam name)\team
> >> fortress classic\tfc\sound\weapons
> >>
> >> Supplementary answer: yes, by using a blank timer.wav file.
> >>
> >> THANKS FOR NOTHING
> >
> >I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people
use
> >to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.
> >
> >Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.
> >
> >HTH
> >

> And the moral of the story was: never try to answer your own
> questions. I did have a follow-up question, though. Perhaps someone
> less neurotic than Mr/Mrs McCrumble can answer.

What an odd word to use....
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:58:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

Raymond Martineau, we've got a file on you:

>On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:51:48 GMT, Anty <ano@nym.ous> wrote:
>
>[...]
>>THANKS FOR NOTHING
>
>If you want an instant responce, use IRC.

you mean people actually *talk* in the channel?
--

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Blondestranger,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:08:44 -0000, Cookie McCrumble wrote:

> "Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:55:21 -0000, "Cookie McCrumble"
>> <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Anty" <ano@nym.ous> wrote in message

>>>I was just about to post a reply with a useful link that alot of people
> use
>>>to customise their tfc with sounds and graphics.
>>>
>>>Instead, due to your arrogance, I'm now just going to say piss off.
>>>
>>>HTH
>>>

>> And the moral of the story was: never try to answer your own
>> questions. I did have a follow-up question, though. Perhaps someone
>> less neurotic than Mr/Mrs McCrumble can answer.
>
> What an odd word to use....

Almost as odd as pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

--
scrum
!