Hi,

I have a video file on my 2nd Hard Disk Drive which I
can't delete.

Evertime I click on it to delete it; an error message
comes up saying "unable to delete bla bla bla, it is
being used by another person or program. Close any
programs which may using the file and try again".

Now, nothing is using it.

Anyone help?????

Daniel

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Daniel K/ said:

> I have a video file on my 2nd Hard Disk Drive which I
> can't delete.
>
> Evertime I click on it to delete it; an error message
> comes up saying "unable to delete bla bla bla, it is
> being used by another person or program. Close any
> programs which may using the file and try again".
>
> Now, nothing is using it.

Check Kelly's link, below, click on "F" and scroll to...
"How do I delete an "undeletable" file?"

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

this seems to happen a lot when using file sharing
programs. try loading into safe mode (press F8 after the
computer beeps when you restart your computer) and
deleting from there, it will usually let you then. I think
another way involved making an empty file with the exact
same name, and overwriting the video with it.

Very simple trick. Click start-run. Type cmd and hit ok. Now press
control+alt+delete. Now go to the processes tab, select Explorer.exe,
and click End Task. Now in the command prompt navigate to the file and
delete it. Now in Task Manager, start Explorer back up ;)

Nathan McNulty