A7N8X-E Problems after warmboot

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
November 10, 2004 3:45:01 PM

Hello there,

I have a strange Problem with my mainboard. A few days ago, I bought a
S-ATA HDD (Samsung SP1614C 160GB) and tried to install Windows XP on it.
Everything worked fine but after any warmboot of the system the post
reporter told me, that power on self test was successfully completed and
then the system hung up. When I did a coldboot (turned off the power
and on again) the system booted from the S-ATA device. Any suggestions?
Thx in advance!

Bios Rev. 1.11
Boot Sequence: SCSI --> Disabled --> Disabled | Other Boot Device: none
First IDE: 80GB Seagate HDD (master), Pioneer 16x DVDRom (slave)
Second IDE: 40GB Seagate HDD (master), Plextor Plexwriter 24x (slave)
S-ATA 1: Samsung SP1614C
S-ATA 2: no device
no further IDE or SCSI controllers installed
November 10, 2004 5:03:29 PM

Michael Thiel wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have a strange Problem with my mainboard. A few days ago, I bought a
> S-ATA HDD (Samsung SP1614C 160GB) and tried to install Windows XP on
> it. Everything worked fine but after any warmboot of the system the
> post reporter told me, that power on self test was successfully
> completed and then the system hung up. When I did a coldboot (turned
> off the power and on again) the system booted from the S-ATA device.
> Any suggestions? Thx in advance!
>
> Bios Rev. 1.11
> Boot Sequence: SCSI --> Disabled --> Disabled | Other Boot Device: none
> First IDE: 80GB Seagate HDD (master), Pioneer 16x DVDRom (slave)
> Second IDE: 40GB Seagate HDD (master), Plextor Plexwriter 24x (slave)
> S-ATA 1: Samsung SP1614C
> S-ATA 2: no device
> no further IDE or SCSI controllers installed

Did/Do you have the OS also installed on one of the 2 IDE drives you
mention? If so, disconnect that drive temporarily and see if the
problem still exists. May be some cross linking conflicts occurring.
Rob
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 10, 2004 6:22:54 PM

Rob schrieb:
> Michael Thiel wrote:
>
>> Hello there,
>>
>> I have a strange Problem with my mainboard. A few days ago, I bought a
>> S-ATA HDD (Samsung SP1614C 160GB) and tried to install Windows XP on
>> it. Everything worked fine but after any warmboot of the system the
>> post reporter told me, that power on self test was successfully
>> completed and then the system hung up. When I did a coldboot (turned
>> off the power and on again) the system booted from the S-ATA device.
>> Any suggestions? Thx in advance!
>>
>> Bios Rev. 1.11
>> Boot Sequence: SCSI --> Disabled --> Disabled | Other Boot Device: none
>> First IDE: 80GB Seagate HDD (master), Pioneer 16x DVDRom (slave)
>> Second IDE: 40GB Seagate HDD (master), Plextor Plexwriter 24x (slave)
>> S-ATA 1: Samsung SP1614C
>> S-ATA 2: no device
>> no further IDE or SCSI controllers installed
>>
> Did/Do you have the OS also installed on one of the 2 IDE drives you
> mention? If so, disconnect that drive temporarily and see if the
> problem still exists. May be some cross linking conflicts occurring.
> Rob

I disconnected the 2 HDDs fron the IDE Controller and left only the CD
Drives connected. Same problem...
a b V Motherboard
November 10, 2004 8:26:09 PM

"Michael Thiel" <ab-neo@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello there,
>
> I have a strange Problem with my mainboard. A few days ago, I bought a
> S-ATA HDD (Samsung SP1614C 160GB) and tried to install Windows XP on it.
> Everything worked fine but after any warmboot of the system the post
> reporter told me, that power on self test was successfully completed and
> then the system hung up. When I did a coldboot (turned off the power and
> on again) the system booted from the S-ATA device. Any suggestions? Thx in
> advance!
>
> Bios Rev. 1.11
> Boot Sequence: SCSI --> Disabled --> Disabled | Other Boot Device: none
> First IDE: 80GB Seagate HDD (master), Pioneer 16x DVDRom (slave)
> Second IDE: 40GB Seagate HDD (master), Plextor Plexwriter 24x (slave)
> S-ATA 1: Samsung SP1614C
> S-ATA 2: no device
> no further IDE or SCSI controllers installed

What have you selected ("raid" or "scsi") before the boot sequence options?

It should be set to "raid" if using the onboard SATA
Also make sure that your sata drive is marked as boot in the raid bios.
hth
Eddy
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 11, 2004 1:46:21 AM

fasteddy schrieb:
> "Michael Thiel" <ab-neo@gmx.de> wrote in message
>
>>Hello there,
>>
>>I have a strange Problem with my mainboard. A few days ago, I bought a
>>S-ATA HDD (Samsung SP1614C 160GB) and tried to install Windows XP on it.
>>Everything worked fine but after any warmboot of the system the post
>>reporter told me, that power on self test was successfully completed and
>>then the system hung up. When I did a coldboot (turned off the power and
>>on again) the system booted from the S-ATA device. Any suggestions? Thx in
>>advance!
>>
>>Bios Rev. 1.11
>>Boot Sequence: SCSI --> Disabled --> Disabled | Other Boot Device: none
>>First IDE: 80GB Seagate HDD (master), Pioneer 16x DVDRom (slave)
>>Second IDE: 40GB Seagate HDD (master), Plextor Plexwriter 24x (slave)
>>S-ATA 1: Samsung SP1614C
>>S-ATA 2: no device
>>no further IDE or SCSI controllers installed
>>

> What have you selected ("raid" or "scsi") before the boot sequence options?
>
> It should be set to "raid" if using the onboard SATA
> Also make sure that your sata drive is marked as boot in the raid bios.
> hth
> Eddy

There is no option "rad" in the boot sequence. So i took SCSI and it
works when the system is coldbooted. The BIOS of my Silicon Raid S-ATA
Controller has no option to set a boot partition or device. I have only