USB Hi-Speed ports 'gone' after Suspend wake-up

dl

I finally got Suspend and Hibernation working on my new system except:

When the system wakes up from a Suspend (S3?) I get a pop up bubble in XP stating that a Hi-Speed device has been connected to a non-Hi-Speed USB port.

I am quite sure this is caused by the multi-card reader I have installed in my system. Normally it is all USB 2.0 Hi-Speed but for some reason the system thinks my ports are USB 1.1 after waking up from Suspend.

As a possible hint to a solution: I didn't set those USB ports to the card reader to be +5VSB using the jumpers on my motherboard. Which I believe means they are not powered with standby +5 volts which allows them to wake up the sleeping system.

Thanks for any hints to a fix

Sandman

There is a Windows update that addresses the USB from Suspend mode problem
which may help you with this.
It's a Hotfix.......