briant

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

Hi - I have had trouble setting up my wireless internet connection, only on
1 of my 2 PC's. On the troublesome PC I am now on my 20th Local Area
connection. How do I delete these and get back to say Local area connection
1. The 20 are not visible and have gradually built up after failed attempts
to make wireless connections. I have a Zoom ADSL modem with Belkin Access
point and 2 belkin local USB receiver points. 1 of my PC's works and set up
perfectly the other is now working on the 20th LAC

Regards
BrianT

--
'A wise man never plays leap-frog with a Unicorn' - Barry Cryer

Go Start-Control Panel-Network Connections-Right click on the connection
and say Rename. Now you can name it whatever you want. ;)

Nathan McNulty

briant wrote:

> Hi - I have had trouble setting up my wireless internet connection, only on
> 1 of my 2 PC's. On the troublesome PC I am now on my 20th Local Area
> connection. How do I delete these and get back to say Local area connection
> 1. The 20 are not visible and have gradually built up after failed attempts
> to make wireless connections. I have a Zoom ADSL modem with Belkin Access
> point and 2 belkin local USB receiver points. 1 of my PC's works and set up
> perfectly the other is now working on the 20th LAC
>
> Regards
> BrianT

So many connections? this can be result of failed driver installation.
You'd better remove unused connections and instances of netcard drivers.

--PA

"briant" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:OHvD$H7YEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi - I have had trouble setting up my wireless internet connection, only on
> 1 of my 2 PC's. On the troublesome PC I am now on my 20th Local Area
> connection. How do I delete these and get back to say Local area connection
> 1. The 20 are not visible and have gradually built up after failed attempts
> to make wireless connections. I have a Zoom ADSL modem with Belkin Access
> point and 2 belkin local USB receiver points. 1 of my PC's works and set up
> perfectly the other is now working on the 20th LAC
>
> Regards
> BrianT
>
> --
> 'A wise man never plays leap-frog with a Unicorn' - Barry Cryer

That would be if he had network adapter #20. This is network
connections. You can set up connections in many different ways and start
a new one. All he has to do is rename the connection ;)

Nathan McNulty