Yoo many Local Area Connections

Hi - I have had trouble setting up my wireless internet connection, only on
1 of my 2 PC's. On the troublesome PC I am now on my 20th Local Area
connection. How do I delete these and get back to say Local area connection
1. The 20 are not visible and have gradually built up after failed attempts
to make wireless connections. I have a Zoom ADSL modem with Belkin Access
point and 2 belkin local USB receiver points. 1 of my PC's works and set up
perfectly the other is now working on the 20th LAC

Regards
BrianT

--
'A wise man never plays leap-frog with a Unicorn' - Barry Cryer
3 answers Last reply

    Go Start-Control Panel-Network Connections-Right click on the connection
    and say Rename. Now you can name it whatever you want. ;)

    Nathan McNulty

    briant wrote:

    > Hi - I have had trouble setting up my wireless internet connection, only on
    > 1 of my 2 PC's. On the troublesome PC I am now on my 20th Local Area
    > connection. How do I delete these and get back to say Local area connection
    > 1. The 20 are not visible and have gradually built up after failed attempts
    > to make wireless connections. I have a Zoom ADSL modem with Belkin Access
    > point and 2 belkin local USB receiver points. 1 of my PC's works and set up
    > perfectly the other is now working on the 20th LAC
    >
    > Regards
    > BrianT

    So many connections? this can be result of failed driver installation.
    You'd better remove unused connections and instances of netcard drivers.

    --PA

    "briant" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:OHvD$H7YEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi - I have had trouble setting up my wireless internet connection, only on
    > 1 of my 2 PC's. On the troublesome PC I am now on my 20th Local Area
    > connection. How do I delete these and get back to say Local area connection
    > 1. The 20 are not visible and have gradually built up after failed attempts
    > to make wireless connections. I have a Zoom ADSL modem with Belkin Access
    > point and 2 belkin local USB receiver points. 1 of my PC's works and set up
    > perfectly the other is now working on the 20th LAC
    >
    > Regards
    > BrianT
    >
    > --
    > 'A wise man never plays leap-frog with a Unicorn' - Barry Cryer

    That would be if he had network adapter #20. This is network
    connections. You can set up connections in many different ways and start
    a new one. All he has to do is rename the connection ;)

    Nathan McNulty

    Pavel A. wrote:

    > So many connections? this can be result of failed driver installation.
    > You'd better remove unused connections and instances of netcard drivers.
    >
    > --PA
    >
    > "briant" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:OHvD$H7YEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >
    >>Hi - I have had trouble setting up my wireless internet connection, only on
    >>1 of my 2 PC's. On the troublesome PC I am now on my 20th Local Area
    >>connection. How do I delete these and get back to say Local area connection
    >>1. The 20 are not visible and have gradually built up after failed attempts
    >>to make wireless connections. I have a Zoom ADSL modem with Belkin Access
    >>point and 2 belkin local USB receiver points. 1 of my PC's works and set up
    >>perfectly the other is now working on the 20th LAC
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>BrianT
    >>
    >>--
    >>'A wise man never plays leap-frog with a Unicorn' - Barry Cryer

Windows XP