Motherboard any good? (nVidia nForce2-400)

nVidia nForce2-400 -- A7N8X-X

Im going to be building a computer and was wondering if
this motherboard is any good?
The comp is going to be for gaming and will include the
following:
AMD XP 2800+ chip
512mb DDR PC3200 RAM
80gb WD hard drive
CDROM/BURNER combo

Thanks.

Yes, its a very good motherboard and chipset. One of the
best acutally.

That is by far one of the best motherboards on the market. Only other
one I would suggest is the Abit NF7-S. That board is excellent as well ;)

Nathan McNulty

Ameer K. wrote:

> Yes, its a very good motherboard and chipset. One of the
> best acutally.

GeoffW

just fitted one tonight 1.4tb 1 gig pc3200, it even booted
win2kk from a M810lr all in one board without any major
problems. popped the drivers in and away it went.

only issue had to re install service pack 4 to get office
working again.
$109 from netplus, even the ram was $109 each - quite happy

Geoff

"Allan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:27b7601c463d4$3b36cc00$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> nVidia nForce2-400 -- A7N8X-X
>
> Im going to be building a computer and was wondering if
> this motherboard is any good?
> The comp is going to be for gaming and will include the
> following:
> AMD XP 2800+ chip
> 512mb DDR PC3200 RAM
> 80gb WD hard drive
> CDROM/BURNER combo
>
> Thanks.

You probably need to go to www.google.com and look up some reviews on
this MB. The intent of this group is the sort problems with hardware
interfacing with XP.