My computer won't recognize secondary harddrive

How do I set this deal up? My primary drive is
partitioned into two slots, it was originally my slave
drive (it's 60G, my original master was 18..) so my Dad
partitioned it for me so I could organize better. I'm
planning on reformatting it once I put my pics, music and
games onto my now slave drive. Herein lies the problem,
it's not recognizing my slave drive!! (120G :D) What can
I do? I'm no comp expert, my Dad is in bed and anyone
else who can help is sleeping....
4 answers Last reply
More about computer recognize secondary harddrive

    Right after I posted this the comp, I went and made sure
    the second harddrive was connected to the comp.. all was
    well, but then it froze up now all it will do is restart
    time after time, after time. This is driving me nuts!
    Please help!

    Did you happen to make sure the first drive is set to Master and the
    second drive is set to Slave? Also, does your BIOS detect both drives?
    Finally, if you are still having problems, you may need to update your
    BIOS or use the software that came with the harddrive to
    partition/format (which I would only do as a last resort).

    Nathan McNulty

    > Right after I posted this the comp, I went and made sure
    > the second harddrive was connected to the comp.. all was
    > well, but then it froze up now all it will do is restart
    > time after time, after time. This is driving me nuts!
    > Please help!

    Ya, my Dad and I at first screwed that part up, but the
    120G is definitely set for slave and the 60 for master.

    BIOS? Is that the admin thing? In that case, no it only
    looks at the two partitions, but as of now I can't get it
    to boot, it keeps failing.

    The BIOS can be accessed by pressing either the DEL key or F1 key
    (depends on the maker). You probably shouldn't mess with anything in
    there if you don't know what you are doing. I would just try using the
    software that came with the harddrives to see if they can find anything
    wrong ;)

    Nathan McNulty

    > Ya, my Dad and I at first screwed that part up, but the
    > 120G is definitely set for slave and the 60 for master.
    >
    > BIOS? Is that the admin thing? In that case, no it only
    > looks at the two partitions, but as of now I can't get it
    > to boot, it keeps failing.

Hard Drives Windows XP