peter

HI all
I blew the fan inside a Sunny PSU.The PSU operates just fine but I dont wish to
run it without a fan.I took the unit apart and got volts/size etc but I do not
know what the plug would be listed as online...small town have to order it
online.
It plugs into a socket inside the PSU ...really small connection.
Does anyone know what this connection is called.I can get the measurements of
the fan and look it up online but nowhere does it actually show a picture of the
connector.
peter

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 01:07:26 GMT, "peter" <peter@telus.net> wrote:

>HI all
>I blew the fan inside a Sunny PSU.The PSU operates just fine but I dont wish to
>run it without a fan.I took the unit apart and got volts/size etc but I do not
>know what the plug would be listed as online...small town have to order it
>online.
>It plugs into a socket inside the PSU ...really small connection.
>Does anyone know what this connection is called.I can get the measurements of
>the fan and look it up online but nowhere does it actually show a picture of the
>connector.
>peter

Just cut the two wires of the old fan a couple of inches from the plug
and splice/solder the leads from your new fan at this point. Cover
with some heat shrink and you should be as good as new.

peter wrote:
> HI all
> I blew the fan inside a Sunny PSU.The PSU operates just fine but I dont wish to
> run it without a fan.I took the unit apart and got volts/size etc but I do not
> know what the plug would be listed as online...small town have to order it
> online.
> It plugs into a socket inside the PSU ...really small connection.
> Does anyone know what this connection is called.I can get the measurements of
> the fan and look it up online but nowhere does it actually show a picture of the
> connector.
> peter

Don't worry too much about the plug - just make sure
you got the voltage and size right. If it comes with
a different kind of plug, just cut the plug off of
the dead fan and spice it onto the power line for
the new fan.

Try:
http://www.xoxide.com/wireadaptors.html
best of luck

peter wrote:
> HI all
> I blew the fan inside a Sunny PSU.The PSU operates just fine but I dont wish to
> run it without a fan.I took the unit apart and got volts/size etc but I do not
> know what the plug would be listed as online...small town have to order it
> online.
> It plugs into a socket inside the PSU ...really small connection.
> Does anyone know what this connection is called.I can get the measurements of
> the fan and look it up online but nowhere does it actually show a picture of the
> connector.
> peter

peter

Gentlemen

I thank you one and all
never thought of the splice and a place to order connectors..........great!!!
peter
"peter" <peter@telus.net> wrote in message
> HI all
> I blew the fan inside a Sunny PSU.The PSU operates just fine but I dont wish
> to run it without a fan.I took the unit apart and got volts/size etc but I do
> not know what the plug would be listed as online...small town have to order it
> online.
> It plugs into a socket inside the PSU ...really small connection.
> Does anyone know what this connection is called.I can get the measurements of
> the fan and look it up online but nowhere does it actually show a picture of
> the connector.
> peter

TRENDING THREADS