p4c800-e deluxe gigabit hardware problem ?

I have one of these boards in a machine working for 10 months.
Machine connected to a Cisco switch using the on-board Intel gigE
adapter. Today the machine powered itself off. I find that I can
restart the machine OK, but as soon as I connect the gigabit ethernet
cable, the machine powers off.

If I connect into a 100Mbits port the machine remains on. Another
machine works fine plugged into the same gigabit port on the switch.
So the problem is not the switch.

Anyone got any ideas? Is it time to swap out thr motherboard?

Cheers,

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On 13 Nov 2004 12:33:25 -0800, qsshah@yahoo.co.uk (qaiser) wrote:

> I have one of these boards in a machine working for 10 months.
> Machine connected to a Cisco switch using the on-board Intel gigE
> adapter. Today the machine powered itself off. I find that I can
> restart the machine OK, but as soon as I connect the gigabit ethernet
> cable, the machine powers off.
>
> If I connect into a 100Mbits port the machine remains on. Another
> machine works fine plugged into the same gigabit port on the switch.
> So the problem is not the switch.
>
> Anyone got any ideas? Is it time to swap out thr motherboard?

Did you try the "wake on Lan feature" in BIOS?
Could be some strange thing with that.