MORE CD-RW TROUBLE

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Guys I made a cd back up of some files this morning but
when I went to make another CD windows XP's wrting wizard
would not recognise the writeable CD in the drive.

I got NERO 6 same thing! I used the NERO TOOLKIT and it
tells me that there IS a blank disc in the drive and
everything is OK, unfortunately it obviously isnt. Any
ideas as I cant find anything in the knowledge base.

MATSHITA CD-RW CW-7586

thank you

Yah I have the same problem, windows does not recognize
the drive as a CD-RW. If i right click on anyfiles I do
not have the option to send them to the drive and the
recording tab under the drives properties is no longer
missing. The only 3rd party software I have that is
capable of burning cd's is music match and real player
one. However they have been on the computer for a long
time with no problems. I also have HP record now which
can burn cd's no problem. I have tried all the tips at
microsofts KB, but everything was setup fine. The drive I
have is a mitsumi cr-48x9te. Any help for our problems
would be great. Thanks.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

So are you saying that using your HP record you CAN burn
discs? strange, maybe i should try some different
software then. I always thought NERO was the best.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

OK It looks like XP has written to a CD-R but is having
trouble recognising CD-RW's so maybe I need to try a
different brand of CDRW?

just a thought

TRENDING THREADS