A8V and Antec NeoPower Are Incompatible

Hi All,

Just found out the hard way that the A8V and Antec Neopower are not
compatible. The power connection to the board has 24 pins. The A8V
only takes 20. Luckily, I have a True Power 430 lying around. It's
more of an inconvenience (+ restocking fee) than anything.

I had the impression that the Neopower ships with a 24-to-20 pin converter,
so it can be used with the older format as well as the newer.

The manual for the Neopower 480 at Antec (www.antec.com) confirms this.

You didn't receive the converter?

Regards,

Bob Knowlden

Robert Nurse wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just found out the hard way that the A8V and Antec Neopower are not
> compatible. The power connection to the board has 24 pins. The A8V
> only takes 20. Luckily, I have a True Power 430 lying around. It's
> more of an inconvenience (+ restocking fee) than anything.

Ditto what Bob Knowlden says.

In fact, I'm looking at my machine right now, which is built with
exactly the parts you say are incompatible.

--
somnambulist

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Just found out the hard way that the A8V and Antec Neopower are not
> compatible. The power connection to the board has 24 pins. The A8V
> only takes 20. Luckily, I have a True Power 430 lying around. It's
> more of an inconvenience (+ restocking fee) than anything.

Look here:
-->
Instead, the only permanently affixed cables were the main 24 pin power
cable (make sure you notice the "24 pin," though Antec included the adapter
for 20 pin boards),
-->

I think your package is missing the adapter

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=120&pid=2

I would mail Antec.

Frank

Hi Bob,

It was a false alarm. If I had looked closely at the parts that came
with the NeoPower before posting I would have seen the converter
cable. It was right there all along.