K8V-X & optical mouse

After shutting down windows on K8V-X the light of my logitech optical
ps2 mouse won't go off. Is this normal on this motherbaord? The mouse
works fine in windows but on my previous motherboard the light used to
go off.

Paul

Splendid

In article <1f3cc2ba.0411140654.65ae6660@posting.google.com>,
xxx73@mailandnews.com (xxx73) wrote:

> After shutting down windows on K8V-X the light of my logitech optical
> ps2 mouse won't go off. Is this normal on this motherbaord? The mouse
> works fine in windows but on my previous motherboard the light used to
> go off.

Check the KBPWR header and jumper, next to the PS/2 connector
stack on the motherboard. Factory default is +5VSB, and you
want to change that to +5V. Section 1.9, item #2 of the manual.

HTH,
Paul

I have this same problem on my A7V400-MX but I don't see a KBPWR header
discussed in the manual. Do you know if there is an option for this setting
on this board?

TIA!

Scott

In article <1f3cc2ba.0411140654.65ae6660@posting.google.com>,
xxx73@mailandnews.com (xxx73) wrote:

> After shutting down windows on K8V-X the light of my logitech optical
> ps2 mouse won't go off. Is this normal on this motherbaord? The mouse
> works fine in windows but on my previous motherboard the light used to
> go off.

Check the KBPWR header and jumper, next to the PS/2 connector
stack on the motherboard. Factory default is +5VSB, and you
want to change that to +5V. Section 1.9, item #2 of the manual.

HTH,
Paul

> I have this same problem on my A7V400-MX but I don't see a KBPWR header
> discussed in the manual. Do you know if there is an option for this setting
> on this board?
>
> TIA!
>
> Scott

For the a7v400, try going into bios, under power, and power up control.
Set all the ps2kb and ps2ms to disable, that should work.
BTW, there is no kbpwr or mspwr jumper, only usbpwr jumpers.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

BillyBoy wrote:

>I have this same problem on my A7V400-MX but I don't see a KBPWR header
>discussed in the manual. Do you know if there is an option for this setting
>on this board?
>
>TIA!
>
>Scott

BillyBoy,
On a board I had that had no KBDPWR jumper I had to use my optical Mouse
in a USB port that was jumped to use +5v instead of the +5VSB on the PS2
port. Another option was to use a Switched Power Strip that would cut
all power to the PC when turned off. It looks as though these may be
your options as well, as I don't see a jumper on your board either!
Rob

It should but it doesn't.

"Browser Joe" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
> I have this same problem on my A7V400-MX but I don't see a KBPWR header
> discussed in the manual. Do you know if there is an option for this
setting
> on this board?
>
> TIA!
>
> Scott

For the a7v400, try going into bios, under power, and power up control.
Set all the ps2kb and ps2ms to disable, that should work.
BTW, there is no kbpwr or mspwr jumper, only usbpwr jumpers.

This is a USB mouse with a PS2 adapter which is how it is configured. I'll
try using it as a USB mouse and see it that does the trick.

"Rob" <robc@insightbb.spambone.com> wrote in message
BillyBoy wrote:

>I have this same problem on my A7V400-MX but I don't see a KBPWR header
>discussed in the manual. Do you know if there is an option for this
setting
>on this board?
>
>TIA!
>
>Scott

BillyBoy,
On a board I had that had no KBDPWR jumper I had to use my optical Mouse
in a USB port that was jumped to use +5v instead of the +5VSB on the PS2
port. Another option was to use a Switched Power Strip that would cut
all power to the PC when turned off. It looks as though these may be
your options as well, as I don't see a jumper on your board either!
Rob

That worked but I would prefer keeping PS2 for stability reasons.