A8V Access Violations Running Some Installers

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an A8V/AMD64-3500 Combination with 1GB of RAM.

Running Windows XP SP1.

Two Seagate 160GB SATA drives.

Everything is great, except I keep getting "Access Violation" errors
running _some_ installers. Not all.

I cannot find a way around this.

I've never experienced this until I purchased this combination.

Any idea's ?

Thanks :)

-Larry

"Larry" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>I have an A8V/AMD64-3500 Combination with 1GB of RAM.
>
> Running Windows XP SP1.
>
> Two Seagate 160GB SATA drives.
>
> Everything is great, except I keep getting "Access Violation" errors
> running _some_ installers. Not all.
>
> I cannot find a way around this.
>
> I've never experienced this until I purchased this combination.
>
> Any idea's ?

Not that this helps you but I have roughly the same combo (except 2 GB ram
and 1 36 gig SATA drive) and I have yet to have a problem with an install.

bill

Larry wrote:
> I have an A8V/AMD64-3500 Combination with 1GB of RAM.
>
> Running Windows XP SP1.
>
> Two Seagate 160GB SATA drives.
>
> Everything is great, except I keep getting "Access Violation" errors
> running _some_ installers. Not all.
>
> I cannot find a way around this.
>
> I've never experienced this until I purchased this combination.
>
> Any idea's ?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> -Larry
I'm running two of these boards in the same configuration, one with
Windows 98 and the other with XP SP1 and have never seen this problem.

Paul

Splendid

In article <qdNld.2186$ol.1442@lakeread02>, Larry <none@none.com> wrote:

> I have an A8V/AMD64-3500 Combination with 1GB of RAM.
>
> Running Windows XP SP1.
>
> Two Seagate 160GB SATA drives.
>
> Everything is great, except I keep getting "Access Violation" errors
> running _some_ installers. Not all.
>
> I cannot find a way around this.
>
> I've never experienced this until I purchased this combination.
>
> Any idea's ?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> -Larry

You should write down any details in the error message,
like if there is an error number, or mention of "kernel_mode".
It could be a driver for one of the peripherals is having
a problem.

Or, it could be your memory.

Get a copy of memtest86, from memtest.org . Memtest86 makes
a bootable floppy or a bootable CD, and allows testing of
_all_ memory. Something that other memory testers don't do.

The second program to get, is Prime95 from mersenne.org .
It has a "torture test" mode, and depending on the size
selected for the FFT test, will test mainly the processor
(small FFT) or test both processor and memory (large FFT).
I've had memory that passed memtest86, but failed Prime95,
so an overnight run with each is a good idea. Prime95
should not report any rounding or other errors while it
is running - it there are errors, you might swap memory,
or try different timing settings with your current
memory (like 2T command rate timing, for example). If the
memory passes with relaxed timing, but isn't living up to
its rated timing, arrange with your vendor for a swap for
some that does work.

I don't know if there can be other root causes for "access
violation", so this is just a guess. Recording any error
information in detail (such as the exact text printed on
the screen), makes it a lot easier to Google up some
ideas.

HTH,
Paul