Asus k8v-x (Can sata drives be used non-raid)

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 15, 2004 1:32:37 AM

On the asus k8v-x Athlon 64 motherboard can sata drives be installed
in a non-raid configuration. Can all the drives be used, eg. a total
of 6 drives 2 ide hard drives, 2 cdrom drives, and 2 sata drives
independantly.

which one would be bootable.

Tia
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2004 9:40:31 PM

On 15-Nov-2004, qazwsx27@yahoo.com (Vincent) wrote:

> On the asus k8v-x Athlon 64 motherboard can sata drives be installed
> in a non-raid configuration.

I don't know about the 'X' .... but on the regular k8v you can.
I presently have two Sata's (non raid). two IDE drives, and two
dvdrw's. And either the Sata or the IDE drives are bootable.
I am presently booting off of my Sata Raptor, but had in the
past, booted from the IDE drive (before I bought the Raptor)
!