Hard drive

I recently re-installed win xp pro onto my c drive. When
it installed the drive was formated and evrything worked
ok. In my computer i also have a second drive that i use
for all my inportant files. When i go to device manager
it recognizes the second drine but does not have a drive
number. When i go to my computer or windows explorer, the
drive is not there and not accesable. please help

norm

Click Start, right click on My Computer and select Manage. Under the
storage folder on the left pane click Disk Management and find your new
disk. Right click and see if you can assign a drive letter.

"PaulKaplan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently re-installed win xp pro onto my c drive. When
> it installed the drive was formated and evrything worked
> ok. In my computer i also have a second drive that i use
> for all my inportant files. When i go to device manager
> it recognizes the second drine but does not have a drive
> number. When i go to my computer or windows explorer, the
> drive is not there and not accesable. please help

In that same area, there may also be the option to "Import Foreign
Disk." That is also a great option ;) This is generally caused by
having a dynamic disk.

Nathan McNulty

Norm wrote:

> Click Start, right click on My Computer and select Manage. Under the
> storage folder on the left pane click Disk Management and find your new
> disk. Right click and see if you can assign a drive letter.
>
> "PaulKaplan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I recently re-installed win xp pro onto my c drive. When
>>it installed the drive was formated and evrything worked
>>ok. In my computer i also have a second drive that i use
>>for all my inportant files. When i go to device manager
>>it recognizes the second drine but does not have a drive
>>number. When i go to my computer or windows explorer, the
>>drive is not there and not accesable. please help

I am having this same issue. When I go in to the disk
manager and right click on the drive which is working
just fine, the only option that I get is to delete the
partition. I have important data on that drive and I
don't want to delete it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ah, it may be showing up as a foreign disk. Try right clicking on the
image of the drive instead of the colored part and see if there is an
option to import the foreign disk. Also see if there is the option to
change the letter drive there ;)

Nathan McNulty

Kristen wrote:

> I am having this same issue. When I go in to the disk
> manager and right click on the drive which is working
> just fine, the only option that I get is to delete the
> partition. I have important data on that drive and I
> don't want to delete it. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS