Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7, Randomly freeze's

Last response: in Windows 7
January 22, 2011 6:48:48 PM

Hello,

I realize there are subjects on this but none that fit the mold of this particular problem Windows 7 Randomly freeze's sometimes 3 times a day, sometimes 4 weeks in. I don't understand why. The same computer worked on vista. I've tried the following.

1.) I checked my event log, however I get no error except for it say's that windows was shutdown improperly.
2.) Cleaned my registry
3.) Tested all the services I have on, as well as all the optional windows services, that includes disabling the Aero theme.
4.) I do have all the latest driver's installed,
5.) I tried installing windows 7 on a SATA, and an IDE drive both give the same results.
6.) Tried removing ram, and swapping stick's,.
7.) Tried a different sound card, (as when the computer locks up the sound skip's for a second before its totally frozen)
8.) My computer is not overheating at all, its actually quiet cool.
9.) Tried the TLB fix for AMD processors, nothing

It happen's completely at random some days I wake up and its just frozen, sometimes I play games for 2 weeks and it work's, I was watching video and it did it once. I can't seem to narrow it down. I meen I played cities XL 2011 for 3 day's on and off and nothing, and an hour into playing Diablo 2 which is pathetic for system usage by standards today it crashed.

I have an AMD Phenom 9650
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO
4 gig OCZ platinum
2 harddrive's 500Gig Sata storage drive, 1 300 gig IDE windows 7 is on, I've tried it on both.

!