dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Does anyone have experience overclocking a P4T-E?

I'm new at this. I've slowly been raising my FSB and now have it at
112 and everything has been fine at 2.91 gzh and 54c temp under max
load. I understand if I raise the FSB much further I will have issues
with my ram and pci cards...? Could someone tell me from experience
how far this system can be overclocked? and how/when do I need to deal
with the ram/pci issues with this specific motherboard (i dont see any
place to raise voltage or alter pci speeds, am I missing it?)

mb: Asus P4T-E
cpu: P4 2.6gzh 400fsb (northwood?)
ram: rdram800 4 x 256

Thanks in advance

Hello Dennis,

On 15 Nov 04, Dennis wrote:

> Does anyone have experience overclocking a P4T-E?

Yes, and it runs fine :)

> I'm new at this. I've slowly been raising my FSB and now have it at
> 112 and everything has been fine at 2.91 gzh and 54c temp under max
> load.

I have a 1.8 GHz P4 running at 2.16 GHz, by raising the FSB to 120.
This gives me a perfectly stable system with the P4 going to 52 - 56 øC
(depends on the temp of the room it's in <g>) at full load for 15
hours. And i have the processor fan regulated down to below 1500 rpm
under these conditions.

> I understand if I raise the FSB much further I will have issues
> with my ram and pci cards...?

I had to switch the keyboard from PS/2 to USB to get to this FSB. A
little bit higher is possible but then the pc gets instable after
running for sevceral hours at full load.

> Could someone tell me from experience how far this system can be
> overclocked? and how/when do I need to deal with the ram/pci issues
> with
> this specific motherboard (i dont see any place to raise voltage or
> alter
> pci speeds, am I missing it?)

I have no idea. Simply to lazy to go for these detaiuls and i'm happy
with a free extra 20% <g>

regards, Jan Hoolwerf

--
+ email : newsgroup@hoolwerf.invalid