Problems with Bluetooth Internet Sharing on Pocket PC

June 18, 2004 8:16:34 PM

Hi folks!

I just bought a TRENDnet USB Bluetooth adapter so that I can network
wirelessly with my ipaq h1940. I followed the instructions on this
site: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1421#co...
but when I came to the part where I connect, I get a dialog box on my
PPC asking me for user name and password. What do I enter at that
point?

I just pressed OK without entering a user ID or password, and the
connection icon on top said that it is "dialing bluetooth null modem".
And then it just says it cannot estabish connection or something. I am
at a loss here. Does anyone know the problem?

Rich
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 8:54:06 PM

You're correct in not entering anything, simply tapping OK is what is
needed.

The "Dialing Bluetooth Null Modem" is because your Bluetooth LAN access on
the Pocket PC is configured as a dial-up PPP connection, this is also
correct.

On your computer you have to make sure that

..ICS is correctly configured <FROM> the ethernet card connected to the
network <TO> the Bluetooth adapter
..The Bluetooth adapter <IS> configured as 192.168.0.1
..The Bluetooth adapter <IS> using the DNS addresses from your DHCP server or
ISP (run IPCONFIG /ALL from a CMD.exe window to check)
..There's no Personal Firewall blocking communications. Zone Alarm should be
set to Medium, Norton should be reconfigured to allow a private network
..There's no other IP 192.168.0.1 on your network besides the Bluetooth LAN
Adapter. Some cable modem or ADSL mode use this address

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

!