Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Coming to iPad Too

Last response: in News comments
March 23, 2012 6:47:58 AM

D&D-based RPG for Apple fanboys? :D  Nah. It's "too complex". Like Windows.
March 23, 2012 6:49:08 AM

Playing Balders Gate makes me feel inadequate as a gamer. So hard...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 23, 2012 6:57:40 AM

Hopefully this will run on my ipad 1!
March 23, 2012 7:07:05 AM

Do you get a discount for this version if you already bought Baldur's Gate from GOG.com?
March 23, 2012 7:48:39 AM

amk-aka-PhantomD&D-based RPG for Apple fanboys? Nah. It's "too complex". Like Windows.

Except the originals came out on Mac. Your joke fails.
March 23, 2012 7:52:24 AM

So the pad can run a 14 years old PC game, not bad =P /end sarcasm
March 23, 2012 8:04:03 AM

Maxor127Except the originals came out on Mac. Your joke fails.

Was actually thinkin the same thing. One of Bioware's first games too if I remember correctly. I played it on my old Mac OS 8 machine--great game.

Pretty sure it has gotten to the point where people make anti-Apple comments on news that has anything to do with Apple for the sheer purpose of getting the most thumbs-up. Kind of sad really.
March 23, 2012 8:22:07 AM

Please come to android. It can already be run via the GemRB emulator, but i never did have the patience to get that working. and i would GLADLY pay to play this on my lunch break...
March 23, 2012 10:06:03 AM

I'm normally an Android fan, but this would be a compellnig reason to get the new iPad. Guess I'll have both systems, at least until Android or Ubuntu or whatever dominates. I can't see a company controlling hardware and software stay on top forever.
Anonymous
March 23, 2012 11:22:13 AM

Dude, EA does not even own Baldur's Gate license. Nor is Bioware.
March 23, 2012 11:55:11 AM

john_4Told you Bioware (EA's Bitch) would bastardize it. I beat it only has 1-3 characters at a time too instead of six and no D&D rules anymore.

Yeah it'll suck if Bioware bastardizes a game they already made 15 years ago that is being "enhanced" by a company that isn't Bioware and has nothing to do with EA. Try reading the first sentence of the article and getting a tutor for basic reading comprehension.
March 23, 2012 12:29:13 PM

The screenshot doesn't look "enhanced" at all to me. Maybe I'm missing something.
March 23, 2012 12:39:45 PM

Maxor127 said:
Except the originals came out on Mac. Your joke fails.

Maybe so. I could not find any info that confirms or disproves this. You might be right, but my joke doesn't fail since virtually every Apple customer deems everything that doesn't involve pressing more than 3 buttons as "too complex".
March 23, 2012 2:41:43 PM

All the hate!!

Seriously though, this is great news for the consumers. If this enhanced edition sells very well, who knows what will be next? Maybe we will see Bioware make more games to continue on with the saga.
March 23, 2012 3:32:59 PM

rantocSo the pad can run a 14 years old PC game, not bad =P /end sarcasm

Wrong....

Apple II not Mac....
March 23, 2012 4:18:23 PM

So far this is the 1st reason I've came across to buy an iPad. If they Apple it down for idiots I'll be wicked fustrated!! The whole point of that game was the complexity. I would imagine it'll run just fine. I wonder however how big the game will be if it'll be on a tablet. Is this a proof of concept or an actual plan to release it?
March 23, 2012 4:41:29 PM

Oh great another legendary game for bioware to screw up... perfect.
March 23, 2012 10:21:58 PM

I think Sarevok will kick their a**es on a touchscreen...
March 24, 2012 12:11:15 AM

john_4Last time I played Baldur's Gate Bioware's name was there.

Interplay was the publisher, and probably the holder of any property rights for the game, which would have went to Infogrames, and then Vivendi, before winding up at Activision. Assuming someone wasn't able to ply the rights away somewhere in the process.
March 24, 2012 5:58:10 AM

Never played the original game but I might play this one. Hearing that this game was the foundation of something like Dragon Age: Origins is enough to try it out. I just love a good story.
March 24, 2012 4:59:53 PM

So, where's the official information about PC release, website states iPad and nothing else.
!