K8V bios flash file

Running K8V SE with:
version :08.00.09
Build Date 2/09/04

I see a bios update on asus support pages dated 08/05/2004:

http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=K8V%20SE%20Deluxe&Type=All

But it has this little warning on it:

**If your current BIOS is earlier than 1003 (e.g. 1001), please flash
BIOS using afudos, and do not use EZFlash or ASUS Update**

Those version numbers do not look anything like my version so is this
about some other model or what?

If it is something I can ignore then can I assume the tools it says
not to use are ok to use? Specifically, given my version and build
date, can I use the Asus Update methode?

How can I learn what this update does? The `more' link leads to a
repeat of the same warning... no real info is offered about this
file (K8sedx04.zip) that I see.

Paul

Splendid

In article <m3hdnpnm3x.fsf@newsguy.com>, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
wrote:

> Running K8V SE with:
> version :08.00.09
> Build Date 2/09/04
>
> I see a bios update on asus support pages dated 08/05/2004:

http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=K8V%20SE%20Deluxe&Type=All

> But it has this little warning on it:
>
> **If your current BIOS is earlier than 1003 (e.g. 1001), please flash
> BIOS using afudos, and do not use EZFlash or ASUS Update**
>
> Those version numbers do not look anything like my version so is this
> about some other model or what?
>
> If it is something I can ignore then can I assume the tools it says
> not to use are ok to use? Specifically, given my version and build
> date, can I use the Asus Update methode?
>
> How can I learn what this update does? The `more' link leads to a
> repeat of the same warning... no real info is offered about this
> file (K8sedx04.zip) that I see.

I downloaded the three release BIOS, and used a hex editor. The build
date is near the end of the file. Here are the three files and their
build dates:

K8VSED01.ami 02/09/04
K8VSEDX.003 05/18/04
K8VSEDX.004 08/03/04

That means you DO have an early release - it is 1001. Be careful.

HTH,
Paul