Asus P4C800 Deluxe, where is the battery?

Hello,
on the Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard I have to replace the onld
battery with a new battery but I don't succeed to see its location.
Where is it precisely?
Thanks

bye Fogar

"Fogar" <alvmos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> on the Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard I have to replace the onld
> battery with a new battery but I don't succeed to see its location.
> Where is it precisely?
> Thanks
If you are looking at the board, flat on the table, with the external
connectors to the rear, then it is on the very front right corner of the
board. I'd suspect if you have this in a case, then it is being obscured
by the drives, which often tend to cover this part of the board. The board
cannot be that old, it is very suprising to have to replace the battery
this quickly.

Best Wishes

>board. I'd suspect if you have this in a case, then it is being obscured
>by the drives, which often tend to cover this part of the board. The board
>cannot be that old, it is very suprising to have to replace the battery
>this quickly.

Dear friend I have thought was the battery because when I turn on my
PC, my PC doesn't load the BIOS and it is blocked on the black screen.
Then my BIOS have gone in default and now I have some problems with
it.
In your opinion I will have another problem?

Paul

Splendid

In article <kt2lp0lahrrr25gum27oedf57tng3m4a87@4ax.com>, alvmos@tin.it wrote:

> >board. I'd suspect if you have this in a case, then it is being obscured
> >by the drives, which often tend to cover this part of the board. The board
> >cannot be that old, it is very suprising to have to replace the battery
> >this quickly.
>

> Dear friend I have thought was the battery because when I turn on my
> PC, my PC doesn't load the BIOS and it is blocked on the black screen.
> Then my BIOS have gone in default and now I have some problems with
> it.
> In your opinion I will have another problem?

Have you been clearing the CMOS via the CLRTC jumper ? Make
sure the jumper is in the correct position. The jumper should
be on pins 1-2, which is the left most position for the
jumper.

Also check that the reset switch for the computer is not jammed.
You do not need to have the reset switch connected, and you
could disconnect the reset switch and see if the computer starts
without that switch connected.

HTH,
Paul

I have resolved every problem when I have replaced the new battery.
Now my PC works fine.

>Have you been clearing the CMOS via the CLRTC jumper ? Make
>sure the jumper is in the correct position. The jumper should
>be on pins 1-2, which is the left most position for the
>jumper.

Paul I don't know what you mean. I'm sorry but I am inexperienced.
What is CMOS via the CLRTC jumper, please?
I have just replaced the battery but the problem is the same.
If I don't use the PC for many hours, when I turn on it, it jams
immediately.
It doesn't run at all. I turn off my PC many times and then it seems
turn on regularly but then it ask me to put in default the BIOS.
Why do I have this problem?
Thanks again

Paul

Splendid

In article <smanp0p171o5b5qa8f8pk2oed5rof68n83@4ax.com>, alvmos@tin.it wrote:

> Dear Paul, thanks for your advice.
> I have just telephoned the dealer and he has told me that my problem
> is the voltage transformer. I don't know if he is right but when I
> will have resolved my problem I will post again.
> thanks

I was going to write another post, and suggest the power supply as
a possible source of your problem. But, I couldn't see a
way that a failing power supply would match your symptoms.
Because a dual silicon diode is used to steer the current
flow, there shouldn't be any way for a failing supply to
cause the BIOS to forget its settings.

I hope the dealer is skilled in these matters :)

Paul

hello,
my problem was the Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard, my dealer has just
replaced it and now my PC works fine.
bye bye