A7V333 Standby problem

When I try to go into standby or hibernate mode, a window pops up and
informs me that the ASUStek/Broadcom Ethernet driver is preventing this, and
I should update my driver. But I checked on the Asus website, and I've got
the latest Win2K driver (v3.48). Anyone have any suggestions as to what
could be the real problem here? Are there any BIOS settings that could
affect this?

Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,
Dean Macinskas

Email address is a spam sink - please reply to group.
---
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women, and engineers.
While the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far the more
certain."
- Baron Rothschild

Ed

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:21:49 GMT, "DPM" <dm@junk.com> wrote:

>When I try to go into standby or hibernate mode, a window pops up and
>informs me that the ASUStek/Broadcom Ethernet driver is preventing this, and
>I should update my driver. But I checked on the Asus website, and I've got
>the latest Win2K driver (v3.48). Anyone have any suggestions as to what
>could be the real problem here? Are there any BIOS settings that could
>affect this?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I'd look in device manager, get the name/model/ of said device, then go
to http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/ and see if they have newer ones.

Ed

"Ed" <not@here.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:21:49 GMT, "DPM" <dm@junk.com> wrote:
>
> >When I try to go into standby or hibernate mode, a window pops up and
> >informs me that the ASUStek/Broadcom Ethernet driver is preventing this,
and
> >I should update my driver. But I checked on the Asus website, and I've
got
> >the latest Win2K driver (v3.48). Anyone have any suggestions as to what
> >could be the real problem here? Are there any BIOS settings that could
> >affect this?
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
>
> I'd look in device manager, get the name/model/ of said device, then go
> to http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/ and see if they have newer ones.
>
> Ed

Ed,

I'll give them a try.