P4P800 & 800 Series Beeps

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

If you experience multiple beeps but everything seems to be running
fine, it is more than likely just the USB Beeps.

I have a P4P800-VM and have all 8 USB Devices Enabled and currently
using 6 of the 8. I get 3 beeps when booting the computer. If I
unplug the USB devices the beeps go away.

I read another post that stated the problem may be a USB beep and not
a POST Error.

It would be nice if Asus put this in the manual or at least on their
FAQ page for this board.

Cheers!

Because they have nothing to do with USB beeps, why not change the default
sound for USB beeps, then you will know.

"Rick" <blank@blank.com> wrote in message
> If you experience multiple beeps but everything seems to be running
> fine, it is more than likely just the USB Beeps.
>
> I have a P4P800-VM and have all 8 USB Devices Enabled and currently
> using 6 of the 8. I get 3 beeps when booting the computer. If I
> unplug the USB devices the beeps go away.
>
> I read another post that stated the problem may be a USB beep and not
> a POST Error.
>
> It would be nice if Asus put this in the manual or at least on their
> FAQ page for this board.
>
> Cheers!

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

1st. If I disconnect my usb devices the beeps are no longer present,
plug them back in and there they are.

2nd. I am not aware of any sounds for usb devices in the CMOS Setup
to change.

I read about the usb sounds from another post initially, then another
technician mentioned hearing about the 800 series doing that.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:42:51 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:

>Because they have nothing to do with USB beeps, why not change the default
>sound for USB beeps, then you will know.
>
>"Rick" <blank@blank.com> wrote in message
>> If you experience multiple beeps but everything seems to be running
>> fine, it is more than likely just the USB Beeps.
>>
>> I have a P4P800-VM and have all 8 USB Devices Enabled and currently
>> using 6 of the 8. I get 3 beeps when booting the computer. If I
>> unplug the USB devices the beeps go away.
>>
>> I read another post that stated the problem may be a USB beep and not
>> a POST Error.
>>
>> It would be nice if Asus put this in the manual or at least on their
>> FAQ page for this board.
>>
>> Cheers!

I apologise, I understood that the devices were beeping when Windows booted.
My P4P800-E Dlx does not beep like that.

> 1st. If I disconnect my usb devices the beeps are no longer present,
> plug them back in and there they are.
>
> 2nd. I am not aware of any sounds for usb devices in the CMOS Setup
> to change.
>
> I read about the usb sounds from another post initially, then another
> technician mentioned hearing about the 800 series doing that.
>

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:42:51 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:
>
>>Because they have nothing to do with USB beeps, why not change the default
>>sound for USB beeps, then you will know.
>>
>>"Rick" <blank@blank.com> wrote in message
>>> If you experience multiple beeps but everything seems to be running
>>> fine, it is more than likely just the USB Beeps.
>>>
>>> I have a P4P800-VM and have all 8 USB Devices Enabled and currently
>>> using 6 of the 8. I get 3 beeps when booting the computer. If I
>>> unplug the USB devices the beeps go away.
>>>
>>> I read another post that stated the problem may be a USB beep and not
>>> a POST Error.
>>>
>>> It would be nice if Asus put this in the manual or at least on their
>>> FAQ page for this board.
>>>
>>> Cheers!

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I totolly accept the apology.

I just wanted to hear more info, if any, on this. Also to give some
clue to others what may be happening and not to worry if they hear
beeps.

Cheers
Rick

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:01:25 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:

>I apologise, I understood that the devices were beeping when Windows booted.
>My P4P800-E Dlx does not beep like that.
>
>"Rick" <blank@blank.com> wrote in message
>> 1st. If I disconnect my usb devices the beeps are no longer present,
>> plug them back in and there they are.
>>
>> 2nd. I am not aware of any sounds for usb devices in the CMOS Setup
>> to change.
>>
>> I read about the usb sounds from another post initially, then another
>> technician mentioned hearing about the 800 series doing that.
>>

>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:42:51 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Because they have nothing to do with USB beeps, why not change the default
>>>sound for USB beeps, then you will know.
>>>
>>>"Rick" <blank@blank.com> wrote in message

I have never had any problems so have never attached a speaker to the
onboard sound port to listen to post messages. Excuse me while I zip off and
play with a bit of overclocking.

Cheers.