Don't know what's to do!

After one, two or more hours (there's no special action or time)
the screen is freezing, no mouse movement is possible no
CTRL-ALT-DEL.

Only RESET!

I did MEMTEST 86.

Windows XP Pro SP2

ASUS A7v8X

Any Ideas?

Richard

Heat could be the problem, is your CPU fan working? Is the CPU
heatsink clogged with dust and dirt?

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Richard und Susanne Huber" <RuSHuber@yahoo.de> wrote in message
| Don't know what's to do!
|
| After one, two or more hours (there's no special action or time)
| the screen is freezing, no mouse movement is possible no
| CTRL-ALT-DEL.
|
| Only RESET!
|

| I did MEMTEST 86.
|
| Windows XP Pro SP2
|
| ASUS A7v8X
|
| Any Ideas?
|

| Richard

mark

Two possible things to look at are bad/outdated video driver or
insufficient/failing power supply.

Richard und Susanne Huber <RuSHuber@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:<419c942d$0$25330$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net>...
> Don't know what's to do!
>
> After one, two or more hours (there's no special action or time)
> the screen is freezing, no mouse movement is possible no
> CTRL-ALT-DEL.
>
> Only RESET!
>

> I did MEMTEST 86.
>
> Windows XP Pro SP2
>
> ASUS A7v8X
>
> Any Ideas?
>

> Richard

Problem solved!

Reason was a tiny program called TCLOCKLight.
Here is the Homepage:

http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/index.html

After deinstalling this program, no problems for just now two days.

cu

Richard

Richard und Susanne Huber wrote:
> Problem solved!
>
> Reason was a tiny program called TCLOCKLight.
> Here is the Homepage:
>
> http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/index.html
>

> After deinstalling this program, no problems for just now two days.
>
> cu
>
> Richard
>

>> Don't know what's to do!
>>
>> After one, two or more hours (there's no special action or time)
>> the screen is freezing, no mouse movement is possible no CTRL-ALT-DEL.
>>
>> Only RESET!
>>

>> I did MEMTEST 86.
>>
>> Windows XP Pro SP2
>>
>> ASUS A7v8X
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>

>> Richard
3 of 4 Asus boards that I've used have had a similar problem... (Maybe
it's just my luck) I assume your keyboard and mouse are hooked up via
the PS/2 ports? My keyboard and mouse will quit working simultaneously.
The fix was to change my keyboard and mouse to USB ports instead of
PS/2 ports and the problem went away, but I hope your keyboard and mouse
can be changed to USB and you have a few USB ports available. My
Grandma's computer has done that too. (5 times) My brother's has done
it once...
P.S. It's not just the A7V8X either, it's several different mobos.
Mine's the A7V333, and both Grandma's and my brothers are A7V8X-X's.