  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 18, 2004 11:47:33 AM

Hi,

Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
their boards are.

I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
money then they aint interested! Typically!

Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
this board fromt he UK?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

More about : asus a8v deluxe scan computers

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2004 8:01:09 PM

Hi, all boards currently sold should be a rev 2.0. If you are not sure
either ring them, their sales dept is quite good, or buy one from
overclockers.co.uk as I did....
Chris C
"SAB" <si@matrixtechcorp.eu.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
> International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
> their boards are.
>
> I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
> money then they aint interested! Typically!
>
> Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
> this board fromt he UK?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2004 11:45:42 PM

On 18 Nov 2004 08:47:33 -0800, si@matrixtechcorp.eu.com (SAB) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
>International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
>their boards are.
>
>I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
>money then they aint interested! Typically!
>
>Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
>this board fromt he UK?
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I bought mine from Dabs. Revision 2 with the v1007 BIOS that runs 90nm
AMD64 well enough to allow you to immediately flash to a later BIOS.
Note though, rev 2 in UK does not come with the wireless card (well
mine didn't anyhow).
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2004 4:52:52 PM

Hi, Mine was from the UK and it had the wireless card with it....
Chris C
<Hulker69> wrote in message
> On 18 Nov 2004 08:47:33 -0800, si@matrixtechcorp.eu.com (SAB) wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
>>International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
>>their boards are.
>>
>>I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
>>money then they aint interested! Typically!
>>
>>Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
>>this board fromt he UK?
>>
>>Any help will be greatly appreciated!
>
> I bought mine from Dabs. Revision 2 with the v1007 BIOS that runs 90nm
> AMD64 well enough to allow you to immediately flash to a later BIOS.
> Note though, rev 2 in UK does not come with the wireless card (well
> mine didn't anyhow).

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2004 3:05:20 AM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:52:52 -0000, "Chris Catt"
<cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi, Mine was from the UK and it had the wireless card with it....
>Chris C
><Hulker69> wrote in message
>> On 18 Nov 2004 08:47:33 -0800, si@matrixtechcorp.eu.com (SAB) wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
>>>International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
>>>their boards are.
>>>
>>>I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
>>>money then they aint interested! Typically!
>>>
>>>Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
>>>this board fromt he UK?
>>>
>>>Any help will be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> I bought mine from Dabs. Revision 2 with the v1007 BIOS that runs 90nm
>> AMD64 well enough to allow you to immediately flash to a later BIOS.
>> Note though, rev 2 in UK does not come with the wireless card (well
>> mine didn't anyhow).

Mine didn't even mention the wireless stuff on the box, so it would
seem you got sort of lucky. Doesn't actually affect me as I don't need
the wireless stuff anyway (my PC connects via wires to my router).

Looks like some do some don't ...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2004 8:38:02 PM

Hi, not lucky, it was advertised as that from overclocker.co.uk
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/asus_amd_motherb...
Cheers
Chris

!