Asus A8V Deluxe from Scan Computers UK

Hi,

Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
their boards are.

I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
money then they aint interested! Typically!

Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
this board fromt he UK?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
5 answers Last reply
More about asus deluxe scan computers

    Hi, all boards currently sold should be a rev 2.0. If you are not sure
    either ring them, their sales dept is quite good, or buy one from
    overclockers.co.uk as I did....
    Chris C

    On 18 Nov 2004 08:47:33 -0800, si@matrixtechcorp.eu.com (SAB) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
    >International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
    >their boards are.
    >
    >I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
    >money then they aint interested! Typically!
    >
    >Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
    >this board fromt he UK?
    >
    >Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    I bought mine from Dabs. Revision 2 with the v1007 BIOS that runs 90nm
    AMD64 well enough to allow you to immediately flash to a later BIOS.
    Note though, rev 2 in UK does not come with the wireless card (well
    mine didn't anyhow).

    Hi, Mine was from the UK and it had the wireless card with it....
    Chris C
    <Hulker69> wrote in message
    > On 18 Nov 2004 08:47:33 -0800, si@matrixtechcorp.eu.com (SAB) wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
    >>International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
    >>their boards are.
    >>
    >>I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
    >>money then they aint interested! Typically!
    >>
    >>Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
    >>this board fromt he UK?
    >>
    >>Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > I bought mine from Dabs. Revision 2 with the v1007 BIOS that runs 90nm
    > AMD64 well enough to allow you to immediately flash to a later BIOS.
    > Note though, rev 2 in UK does not come with the wireless card (well
    > mine didn't anyhow).

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:52:52 -0000, "Chris Catt"
    <cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi, Mine was from the UK and it had the wireless card with it....
    >Chris C
    ><Hulker69> wrote in message
    >> On 18 Nov 2004 08:47:33 -0800, si@matrixtechcorp.eu.com (SAB) wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Has anybody purchased an Asus A8V Deluxe form Scan Computers
    >>>International UK recently. I am trying to figure out what revision
    >>>their boards are.
    >>>
    >>>I have done the obvious and have asked them but if it doesnt invovle
    >>>money then they aint interested! Typically!
    >>>
    >>>Or better still can anybody tell me where i can get the Revision 2 of
    >>>this board fromt he UK?
    >>>
    >>>Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    >>
    >> I bought mine from Dabs. Revision 2 with the v1007 BIOS that runs 90nm
    >> AMD64 well enough to allow you to immediately flash to a later BIOS.
    >> Note though, rev 2 in UK does not come with the wireless card (well
    >> mine didn't anyhow).

    Mine didn't even mention the wireless stuff on the box, so it would
    seem you got sort of lucky. Doesn't actually affect me as I don't need
    the wireless stuff anyway (my PC connects via wires to my router).

    Looks like some do some don't ...

    Hi, not lucky, it was advertised as that from overclocker.co.uk
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/asus_amd_motherboards.html
    Cheers
    Chris
    <Hulker69> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:52:52 -0000, "Chris Catt"
    > <cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, Mine was from the UK and it had the wireless card with it....
    >>Chris C
    >><Hulker69> wrote in message

    >>> I bought mine from Dabs. Revision 2 with the v1007 BIOS that runs 90nm
    >>> AMD64 well enough to allow you to immediately flash to a later BIOS.
    >>> Note though, rev 2 in UK does not come with the wireless card (well
    >>> mine didn't anyhow).
    >>>

    > Mine didn't even mention the wireless stuff on the box, so it would
    > seem you got sort of lucky. Doesn't actually affect me as I don't need
    > the wireless stuff anyway (my PC connects via wires to my router).
    >
    > Looks like some do some don't ...

Asus Computers Motherboards