How can I play my good old Team Fortress again? Help!

Last response: in Video Games
February 22, 2005 9:46:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

Hi folks

Last time I played Team Fortress was about a year ago. My computer broke
down, then it was the end of it. I recently bought a computer, and installed
my old Half Life and Team Fortress, and launched GameSpy to get connected to
Team Fortress servers, but there are no servers to be found. I read
somewhere that something called steam (whatever that is.!?!?) has to be
installed to play Team Fortress. I installed Steam, but under "my games" in
Steam window, I don't see Team Fortress. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 7:22:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:46:02 -0500, "Ryan Atici" <Ryan_Atici@hotpop.com>
wrote:

>Hi folks
>

>Last time I played Team Fortress was about a year ago. My computer broke
>down, then it was the end of it. I recently bought a computer, and installed
>my old Half Life and Team Fortress, and launched GameSpy to get connected to
>Team Fortress servers, but there are no servers to be found. I read
>somewhere that something called steam (whatever that is.!?!?) has to be
>installed to play Team Fortress. I installed Steam, but under "my games" in
>Steam window, I don't see Team Fortress. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You need to get Steam to recognise that you have installed a copy of
Half-Life. In addition, you need to ensure that you have downloaded the
Team-Fortress cache file (which should be under Available Games, since you
haven't yet purchased it.)
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 2:34:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

http://www.steampowered.com/

All you need to do is download and install the Steam Client. It will
then ask you to create a Steam Account and at some point, enter your
HL/TFC serial number from your original Half-Life/TFC disk.

The new game is fantastic.
!