Laser printer toner refill kits

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 6, 2004 1:54:01 AM

I've found inexpensive toner refill kits on ebay which claim to be 100%
compatible, and very easy to refill. Does anyone have any experience with
these kits? Are there any disadvantages? Are they really that easy to use
(claim: 5 min)?

Not surprisingly, these don't seem to actually sell at auctions, but rather
are meant to be bought with the "Buy now!" button. Here's one I found, in
case there any question as to what I'm referring to:

eel Tech
http://someguy456.computed.net/
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 2:55:08 PM

In message <c7cd07$28ikl$1@ID-160764.news.uni-berlin.de>, Robert Bindler
<someguy456@phreaker.net> writes

>I've found inexpensive toner refill kits on ebay which claim to be 100%
>compatible, and very easy to refill. Does anyone have any experience with
>these kits?

Not those particular ones.

> Are there any disadvantages? Are they really that easy to use
>(claim: 5 min)?

I've used bulk toner in my HPLJ4M+ for some time now, and it works
superbly and is almost free compared to replacing the cartridges at
retail.

And yes, it probably does take about 5 minutes to refill a cart, though
very minor toner spills are possible.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore