P4P800 Deluxe and blinking cursor

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 19, 2004 5:55:46 AM

Hi

Windows XP SP2 will not boot. I rebooted my system and received a
blinking cursor in the left corner. I unplugged my USB to no avail. I
reset the CMOS to no avail. I reflashed the 1019 BIOS to no avail.

My Specs: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550 Watts, On
board sound, on board NIC, ADS 1394a Card, Pioneer DVR-A04 DVD-RW,
Samsung SM-352b Combo Drive, Windows XP Pro SP2, Zalman CNPS7000A-CU,
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe rev. 2.0 1019 BIOS, P4 3.4E OEM SL7E6 MALAY rev. D0
processor, Maxtor 40Gb HDD PATA, Maxtor 160Gb HDD RAID 0

Attached USB Stuff: APC Back-UPS RS 1500VA UPS, HP Photosmart 7550
Printer, Umax Astra 2200 Scanner

Thanks
NBK
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2004 5:55:47 AM

NBK wrote:
> Hi
>
> Windows XP SP2 will not boot. I rebooted my system and received a
> blinking cursor in the left corner.

You rebooted after doing what exactly?

Have you checked your BIOS to see which drive/partition you're booting
from? I've discovered that after making changes to my system, like
adding a new hdd, the BIOS will make a different drive my boot drive.

Bill Anderson