Disable "CPU FAN ERROR" message at startup

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2004 9:10:05 AM

I switched the stock cooler for a H2O cooler, hence no
CPU fan. But how do I disable the error message at boot.

Mobo is a P5GDC Deluxe

Thx
Jespersen
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2004 9:06:45 PM

can you disable it in cmos?

roy

"Jeppe Jespersen" <jeppe.jespersen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I switched the stock cooler for a H2O cooler, hence no
> CPU fan. But how do I disable the error message at boot.
>
> Mobo is a P5GDC Deluxe
>
> Thx
> Jespersen

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2004 3:26:48 PM

"Jeppe Jespersen" <jeppe.jespersen@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I switched the stock cooler for a H2O cooler, hence no
> CPU fan. But how do I disable the error message at boot.

Remove the fan vanes and re-connect the fan. :-)

> Mobo is a P5GDC Deluxe
>
> Thx
> Jespersen

November 21, 2004 7:17:38 PM

Look on your mb instal/support CD for a program called (winbond) voice
editor, or something similar, it will alow you to do this and more.
Be prepared to leave your pc running for a hour plus while it writes
new data to EEPROM.

David W.

"Jeppe Jespersen" <jeppe.jespersen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I switched the stock cooler for a H2O cooler, hence no
> CPU fan. But how do I disable the error message at boot.
>
> Mobo is a P5GDC Deluxe
>
> Thx
> Jespersen

March 26, 2009 4:43:57 PM

Hit F11, NOT F1, on startup to enter BIOS. Find settings under Advanced -> Hardware Monitor.
March 26, 2009 7:52:38 PM

WTF zylstra.... Did you not see that the thread was nearly 5 years old... LOL I doubt they are still needing help with this.
!