Speed of PCI card for USB2/IEEE1934/SATA Controllers

Speed of USB2, IEEE1394 of, SATA Controller is rated 480Mbps, 400Mbps or
150Mbps. My question is if we get these speed even these controller are
given in add-on PCI cards. Isn't the speed limited by the max available
speed for PCI which is 133Mbps?

Kaz
1 answer Last reply
More about speed card usb2 ieee1934 sata controllers

    Actually, the max bandwidth of PCI is 127.2 Megabytes per second. Here
    is the deal, USB 2.0 is 480 Megabits per second, or 60 Megabytes per
    second. FireWire is 50 Megabytes per second, and SATA is 150 Megabytes
    per second. I know Mbps gets confused with MB/s. With a couple USB 2.0
    devices, it is possible to eat up the entire PCI bus, that is why we now
    have PCI Express. Here is a great link for you ;)

    Also, note that most of these only achieve around 80% of their max rated
    bandwidth.

    http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Features/pciexpresstech/

    Nathan McNulty

    Honjo wrote:

    > Speed of USB2, IEEE1394 of, SATA Controller is rated 480Mbps, 400Mbps or
    > 150Mbps. My question is if we get these speed even these controller are
    > given in add-on PCI cards. Isn't the speed limited by the max available
    > speed for PCI which is 133Mbps?
    >
    > Kaz

SATA Controller PCI Microsoft Windows XP