Can not access host computer from the workgroup

My Mother's computer is the host computer, she is running Windows XP-Pro, I
am using Windows XP-Home. Her comupter is connected to the internet through
a cable modem with a Wireless G Broadband Router also attached. I can access
the internet through the wireless connection, my sister can also from her
laptop. My sister can print to my mother's printer, but I can not. When I
try to access my mother's computer through the workgroup, it is not
accessible, it says network path not found.

Malke

adrianne wrote:

> My Mother's computer is the host computer, she is running Windows
> XP-Pro, I
> am using Windows XP-Home. Her comupter is connected to the internet
> through
> a cable modem with a Wireless G Broadband Router also attached. I can
> access the internet through the wireless connection, my sister can
> also from her
> laptop. My sister can print to my mother's printer, but I can not.
> When I try to access my mother's computer through the workgroup, it is
> not accessible, it says network path not found.

Here are some links to help you:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
(Pro)
http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
Hans-Georg Michna

In particular, you may find it useful to go through MVP Hans-Georg
Michna's troubleshooter as it will help you pinpoint where the problem
lies.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User