motherboard isn't being recognize

Hi ... For some reason windows xp pro doesn't recognize
my motherboard , Is there a way to make windows notice my
motherboard ???

Reinstall Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315341&ID=KB;EN-US;Q315341

"Snoooooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2985401c46549$11136c00$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| Hi ... For some reason windows xp pro doesn't recognize
| my motherboard , Is there a way to make windows notice my
| motherboard ???

Jim ... I don't that will help because i have just try
that for the third time in the last two days ... so is
there something wrong with my motherboard or windows ???

Your motherboard, if you are doing it correctly and the
hardware is otherwise XP ready.

"snooooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:28e2501c4654e$76b2f2b0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| Jim ... I don't that will help because i have just try
| that for the third time in the last two days ... so is
| there something wrong with my motherboard or windows ???

norm

You will need to be a little more specific as to what your problem is. In
what way does XP Pro not recognize it, what are the symptoms?

"Snoooooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ... For some reason windows xp pro doesn't recognize
> my motherboard , Is there a way to make windows notice my
> motherboard ???

Well its a Asus MB and i am trying to download a program
that is asus as well its a asus updater for the
motherboard bios utlilty , whenever i try to downloaded i
get errors >>> Unable to load related DLLs. Installation
will be aborted now , I Click ok and get this >>> setup
program detect no ASUS motherboard Installation will be
aborted now... Also i was getting these other errors as
well but it seem they have stop >>>
The service database is locked >> click Ok
Can't start kernel Mode Drive Service >>> click Ok

I like to know where they get this isea that ASUS are the
best motherboard , because from i am seeing now they are
the worse and i see many having problems with them ...
But why i will never in my life buy ASUS again is there
tremble tech support , I would rank it as the worse
support of anything on this face of the earth ... Does it
sound like i am pissed ??? Well i am not , really ...

Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
motherboard that was used by a company, such as
Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.

You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
floppy.
A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
Windows and updates the BIOS.

In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
operator error in method or process.

| Well its a Asus MB and i am trying to download a program
| that is asus as well its a asus updater for the
| motherboard bios utlilty , whenever i try to downloaded i
| get errors >>> Unable to load related DLLs. Installation
| will be aborted now , I Click ok and get this >>> setup
| program detect no ASUS motherboard Installation will be
| aborted now... Also i was getting these other errors as
| well but it seem they have stop >>>
| The service database is locked >> click Ok
| Can't start kernel Mode Drive Service >>> click Ok
|
| I like to know where they get this isea that ASUS are the
| best motherboard , because from i am seeing now they are
| the worse and i see many having problems with them ...
| But why i will never in my life buy ASUS again is there
| tremble tech support , I would rank it as the worse
| support of anything on this face of the earth ... Does it
| sound like i am pissed ??? Well i am not , really ...

Hello
Is this motherboard just been installed?
Is the MB the only change you made to the system configuration?

If you are trying to repair install an OEM version of XP this could be the
problem.

Supply as much info. as you can.

ASUS rocks...;)...JMO

--
Hope this helps
Haus

> Well its a Asus MB and i am trying to download a program
> that is asus as well its a asus updater for the
> motherboard bios utlilty , whenever i try to downloaded i
> get errors >>> Unable to load related DLLs. Installation
> will be aborted now , I Click ok and get this >>> setup
> program detect no ASUS motherboard Installation will be
> aborted now... Also i was getting these other errors as
> well but it seem they have stop >>>
> The service database is locked >> click Ok
> Can't start kernel Mode Drive Service >>> click Ok
>
> I like to know where they get this isea that ASUS are the
> best motherboard , because from i am seeing now they are
> the worse and i see many having problems with them ...
> But why i will never in my life buy ASUS again is there
> tremble tech support , I would rank it as the worse
> support of anything on this face of the earth ... Does it
> sound like i am pissed ??? Well i am not , really ...

No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know

It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).

Nathan McNulty

Jim Macklin wrote:

> Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
> motherboard that was used by a company, such as
> Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
> other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
> motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.
>
> You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
> Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
> ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
> the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
> bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
> floppy.
> A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
> Windows and updates the BIOS.
>
> In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
> operator error in method or process.

Hello
Have you check your system files for corruption.
Have your XP cd handy and go to
Start>Run>(type) cmd (enter)>(type) sfc /scannow (enter) (notice the space
between sfc & / )

--
Hope this helps
Haus

"snooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
> this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
> now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
> windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
> a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
> have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
> after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know

Did you install the motherboard drivers??
(from the CD that came with the mobo or downloaded from Asus)

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"snooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
> this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
> now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
> windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
> a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
> have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
> after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know

So you had it working for a year. Now that you start to mess with it, and do
something wrong, Asus turns into the worst M/B company. Guess I will never
understand.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"snooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
> this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
> now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
> windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
> a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
> have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
> after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know

Marvin

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

I too am having the same exact problem. I have an ASUS P4P800 delux MB.
I've been using it for the last year without issue under win 98, but I
upgraded to windows XP tonight and am completely unable to update the bios.
Under win 98 I simply used AFUDOS, but since win XP has no native DOS
support, I have been forced to try a windows based utility. I have been
unable to install the ASUS live update software from my MB install CD under
win XP (I never bothered under win 98, so i'm not sure if it's an OS
problem). I get the same errors as snooker gets- unable to load DLL, ASUS MB
not found, etc. It's extraordinarily frustrating- GOD I MISS DOS! user
friendly, not at all, but at least i could beat it into submission. under
win xp, im lost.
-Marvin, disgruntled bios updater

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
> installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
> Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
> personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
> a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).
>
> Nathan McNulty
>
> Jim Macklin wrote:
>
> > Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
> > motherboard that was used by a company, such as
> > Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
> > other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
> > motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.
> >
> > You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
> > Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
> > ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
> > the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
> > bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
> > floppy.
> > A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
> > Windows and updates the BIOS.
> >
> > In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
> > operator error in method or process.

You can still update in DOS by using a Windows 98 Bootdisk and putting
the flash utility and BIOS a floppy too. I would recommend trying the
latest version of the software for Windows XP as it works flawlessly on
my ASUS P4P800 and XP with SP2. Here is a link:
http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/Asusupdt52801.zip

Also, for your ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, you are going to want to update as
there was a recent BIOS release that fixes the issue with a USB device
that is connected to the system is put as the first in the boot order.
I am still waiting until they release this for the P4P800 (non Deluxe).

A little secret if you like overclocking. You can flash the BIOS with
the BIOS from the P4P8X (flashing the ENTIRE BIOS) which will limit the
processor to a FSB of 533. Now flash back to the P4P800 Deluxe BIOS
(but do not use the command to overwrite the ENTIRE BIOS, just to flash
the normal parts). This leaves the bootstrap of 533 and allows you to
enable PAT at FSB higher than 200 MHz ;)

Running with Full PAT at 250 MHz on the FSB right now and it is great.

-----
Nathan McNulty

Marvin wrote:
> I too am having the same exact problem. I have an ASUS P4P800 delux MB.
> I've been using it for the last year without issue under win 98, but I
> upgraded to windows XP tonight and am completely unable to update the bios.
> Under win 98 I simply used AFUDOS, but since win XP has no native DOS
> support, I have been forced to try a windows based utility. I have been
> unable to install the ASUS live update software from my MB install CD under
> win XP (I never bothered under win 98, so i'm not sure if it's an OS
> problem). I get the same errors as snooker gets- unable to load DLL, ASUS MB
> not found, etc. It's extraordinarily frustrating- GOD I MISS DOS! user
> friendly, not at all, but at least i could beat it into submission. under
> win xp, im lost.
> -Marvin, disgruntled bios updater
>
> "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>

>>It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
>>installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
>>Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
>>personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
>>a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).
>>
>>Nathan McNulty
>>
>>Jim Macklin wrote:
>>

>>>Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
>>>motherboard that was used by a company, such as
>>>Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
>>>other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
>>>motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.
>>>
>>>You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
>>>Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
>>>ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
>>>the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
>>>bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
>>>floppy.
>>>A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
>>>Windows and updates the BIOS.
>>>
>>>In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
>>>operator error in method or process.

I have a Vision Computers Workstation CPU with an ASUS P4BGL-MX motherboard
that I purchased in June 2003. It's running Windows XP Pro and was fine until
about a week ago when my Windows automatic update began trying to download
SP2.

My computer began restarting itself--until I turned the feature off--so to
try to solve the problem, I updated the Intel graphics driver as well as the
Intel chipset. I reinstalled the USB 2.0 drivers (which uninstalled my laser
printer) as well as the Avance'97 sound drivers. It then started freezing and
crashing with blue screen errors like Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. When I'd
restart, I get a serious error message from Microsoft and when I'd go onto
the site, I'd read that it was an Intel issue. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling the graphics driver and chipset. Same deal.

Finally, today, I tried updating the BIOS from v. 1002 but can't update the
bios either; not by using the disc that came with the motherboard or DOS
where I keep getting a "WARNING! This bios does not match the onboard! Press
ESC to abort" messate.

When I use the ASUS BIOS update utility, XP does not recognize the
motherboard! The the computer is still crashing, freezing and giving me that
lovely royal blue screen. I haven't been able to work on this computer, which
has both of my contact managers and my laser printer attached, for a week.

As much as I like using my new Sony Vaio with 12" screen, I'd like to get
back to using my workstation with 20" screen before I go blind! Can somebody
help me? I'm getting just a little frustrated...well, okay, my neighbors hear
me yelling at my 'puters! HELP!!!

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> You can still update in DOS by using a Windows 98 Bootdisk and putting
> the flash utility and BIOS a floppy too. I would recommend trying the
> latest version of the software for Windows XP as it works flawlessly on
> my ASUS P4P800 and XP with SP2. Here is a link:
> http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/Asusupdt52801.zip
>
> Also, for your ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, you are going to want to update as
> there was a recent BIOS release that fixes the issue with a USB device
> that is connected to the system is put as the first in the boot order.
> I am still waiting until they release this for the P4P800 (non Deluxe).
>
> A little secret if you like overclocking. You can flash the BIOS with
> the BIOS from the P4P8X (flashing the ENTIRE BIOS) which will limit the
> processor to a FSB of 533. Now flash back to the P4P800 Deluxe BIOS
> (but do not use the command to overwrite the ENTIRE BIOS, just to flash
> the normal parts). This leaves the bootstrap of 533 and allows you to
> enable PAT at FSB higher than 200 MHz ;)
>
> Running with Full PAT at 250 MHz on the FSB right now and it is great.
>
> -----
> Nathan McNulty
>
> Marvin wrote:
> > I too am having the same exact problem. I have an ASUS P4P800 delux MB.
> > I've been using it for the last year without issue under win 98, but I
> > upgraded to windows XP tonight and am completely unable to update the bios.
> > Under win 98 I simply used AFUDOS, but since win XP has no native DOS
> > support, I have been forced to try a windows based utility. I have been
> > unable to install the ASUS live update software from my MB install CD under
> > win XP (I never bothered under win 98, so i'm not sure if it's an OS
> > problem). I get the same errors as snooker gets- unable to load DLL, ASUS MB
> > not found, etc. It's extraordinarily frustrating- GOD I MISS DOS! user
> > friendly, not at all, but at least i could beat it into submission. under
> > win xp, im lost.
> > -Marvin, disgruntled bios updater
> >
> > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
> >

> >>It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
> >>installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
> >>Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
> >>personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
> >>a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).
> >>
> >>Nathan McNulty

The motherboard is not recognized because you do not have a retail ASUS
board. You need to check the computer manufacturer's website for a BIOS
update. I have not heard of Vision Computers, but that is probably
because I don't do anything with workstations. Check with them for a
BIOS update ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty