motherboard isn't being recognize

Hi ... For some reason windows xp pro doesn't recognize
my motherboard , Is there a way to make windows notice my
motherboard ???
16 answers Last reply
More about motherboard recognize

    Reinstall Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315341&ID=KB;EN-US;Q315341

    "Snoooooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:2985401c46549$11136c00$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    | Hi ... For some reason windows xp pro doesn't recognize
    | my motherboard , Is there a way to make windows notice my
    | motherboard ???

    Jim ... I don't that will help because i have just try
    that for the third time in the last two days ... so is
    there something wrong with my motherboard or windows ???

    Your motherboard, if you are doing it correctly and the
    hardware is otherwise XP ready.

    "snooooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:28e2501c4654e$76b2f2b0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    | Jim ... I don't that will help because i have just try
    | that for the third time in the last two days ... so is
    | there something wrong with my motherboard or windows ???

    You will need to be a little more specific as to what your problem is. In
    what way does XP Pro not recognize it, what are the symptoms?

    "Snoooooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi ... For some reason windows xp pro doesn't recognize
    > my motherboard , Is there a way to make windows notice my
    > motherboard ???

    Well its a Asus MB and i am trying to download a program
    that is asus as well its a asus updater for the
    motherboard bios utlilty , whenever i try to downloaded i
    get errors >>> Unable to load related DLLs. Installation
    will be aborted now , I Click ok and get this >>> setup
    program detect no ASUS motherboard Installation will be
    aborted now... Also i was getting these other errors as
    well but it seem they have stop >>>
    The service database is locked >> click Ok
    Can't start kernel Mode Drive Service >>> click Ok

    I like to know where they get this isea that ASUS are the
    best motherboard , because from i am seeing now they are
    the worse and i see many having problems with them ...
    But why i will never in my life buy ASUS again is there
    tremble tech support , I would rank it as the worse
    support of anything on this face of the earth ... Does it
    sound like i am pissed ??? Well i am not , really ...

    Hello
    Is this motherboard just been installed?
    Is the MB the only change you made to the system configuration?

    If you are trying to repair install an OEM version of XP this could be the
    problem.

    Supply as much info. as you can.

    ASUS rocks...;)...JMO

    --
    Hope this helps
    Haus

    > Well its a Asus MB and i am trying to download a program
    > that is asus as well its a asus updater for the
    > motherboard bios utlilty , whenever i try to downloaded i
    > get errors >>> Unable to load related DLLs. Installation
    > will be aborted now , I Click ok and get this >>> setup
    > program detect no ASUS motherboard Installation will be
    > aborted now... Also i was getting these other errors as
    > well but it seem they have stop >>>
    > The service database is locked >> click Ok
    > Can't start kernel Mode Drive Service >>> click Ok
    >
    > I like to know where they get this isea that ASUS are the
    > best motherboard , because from i am seeing now they are
    > the worse and i see many having problems with them ...
    > But why i will never in my life buy ASUS again is there
    > tremble tech support , I would rank it as the worse
    > support of anything on this face of the earth ... Does it
    > sound like i am pissed ??? Well i am not , really ...

    Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
    motherboard that was used by a company, such as
    Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
    other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
    motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.

    You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
    Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
    ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
    the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
    bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
    floppy.
    A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
    Windows and updates the BIOS.

    In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
    operator error in method or process.

    | Well its a Asus MB and i am trying to download a program
    | that is asus as well its a asus updater for the
    | motherboard bios utlilty , whenever i try to downloaded i
    | get errors >>> Unable to load related DLLs. Installation
    | will be aborted now , I Click ok and get this >>> setup
    | program detect no ASUS motherboard Installation will be
    | aborted now... Also i was getting these other errors as
    | well but it seem they have stop >>>
    | The service database is locked >> click Ok
    | Can't start kernel Mode Drive Service >>> click Ok
    |
    | I like to know where they get this isea that ASUS are the
    | best motherboard , because from i am seeing now they are
    | the worse and i see many having problems with them ...
    | But why i will never in my life buy ASUS again is there
    | tremble tech support , I would rank it as the worse
    | support of anything on this face of the earth ... Does it
    | sound like i am pissed ??? Well i am not , really ...

    No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
    this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
    now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
    windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
    a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
    have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
    after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know

    It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
    installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
    Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
    personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
    a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).

    Nathan McNulty

    Jim Macklin wrote:

    > Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
    > motherboard that was used by a company, such as
    > Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
    > other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
    > motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.
    >
    > You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
    > Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
    > ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
    > the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
    > bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
    > floppy.
    > A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
    > Windows and updates the BIOS.
    >
    > In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
    > operator error in method or process.

    Hello
    Have you check your system files for corruption.
    Have your XP cd handy and go to
    Start>Run>(type) cmd (enter)>(type) sfc /scannow (enter) (notice the space
    between sfc & / )

    --
    Hope this helps
    Haus

    "snooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
    > this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
    > now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
    > windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
    > a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
    > have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
    > after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know

    Did you install the motherboard drivers??
    (from the CD that came with the mobo or downloaded from Asus)

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "snooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
    > this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
    > now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
    > windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
    > a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
    > have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
    > after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know

    So you had it working for a year. Now that you start to mess with it, and do
    something wrong, Asus turns into the worst M/B company. Guess I will never
    understand.

    --
    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "snooker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > No its not a new install of the MB ... I had windows on
    > this MB for over a year now but i just did a reformat and
    > now i am getting errors , this why i try to install
    > windows over and over again and eavh time i did so it was
    > a clean install ... clear the hard drive ( format )... I
    > have done this many of time in the past , maybe windows
    > after so many formats start acting up ... I don't know
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I too am having the same exact problem. I have an ASUS P4P800 delux MB.
    I've been using it for the last year without issue under win 98, but I
    upgraded to windows XP tonight and am completely unable to update the bios.
    Under win 98 I simply used AFUDOS, but since win XP has no native DOS
    support, I have been forced to try a windows based utility. I have been
    unable to install the ASUS live update software from my MB install CD under
    win XP (I never bothered under win 98, so i'm not sure if it's an OS
    problem). I get the same errors as snooker gets- unable to load DLL, ASUS MB
    not found, etc. It's extraordinarily frustrating- GOD I MISS DOS! user
    friendly, not at all, but at least i could beat it into submission. under
    win xp, im lost.
    -Marvin, disgruntled bios updater

    "Nathan McNulty" wrote:

    > It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
    > installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
    > Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
    > personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
    > a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).
    >
    > Nathan McNulty
    >
    > Jim Macklin wrote:
    >
    > > Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
    > > motherboard that was used by a company, such as
    > > Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
    > > other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
    > > motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.
    > >
    > > You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
    > > Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
    > > ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
    > > the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
    > > bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
    > > floppy.
    > > A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
    > > Windows and updates the BIOS.
    > >
    > > In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
    > > operator error in method or process.

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    You can still update in DOS by using a Windows 98 Bootdisk and putting
    the flash utility and BIOS a floppy too. I would recommend trying the
    latest version of the software for Windows XP as it works flawlessly on
    my ASUS P4P800 and XP with SP2. Here is a link:
    http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/Asusupdt52801.zip

    Also, for your ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, you are going to want to update as
    there was a recent BIOS release that fixes the issue with a USB device
    that is connected to the system is put as the first in the boot order.
    I am still waiting until they release this for the P4P800 (non Deluxe).

    A little secret if you like overclocking. You can flash the BIOS with
    the BIOS from the P4P8X (flashing the ENTIRE BIOS) which will limit the
    processor to a FSB of 533. Now flash back to the P4P800 Deluxe BIOS
    (but do not use the command to overwrite the ENTIRE BIOS, just to flash
    the normal parts). This leaves the bootstrap of 533 and allows you to
    enable PAT at FSB higher than 200 MHz ;)

    Running with Full PAT at 250 MHz on the FSB right now and it is great.

    -----
    Nathan McNulty

    Marvin wrote:
    > I too am having the same exact problem. I have an ASUS P4P800 delux MB.
    > I've been using it for the last year without issue under win 98, but I
    > upgraded to windows XP tonight and am completely unable to update the bios.
    > Under win 98 I simply used AFUDOS, but since win XP has no native DOS
    > support, I have been forced to try a windows based utility. I have been
    > unable to install the ASUS live update software from my MB install CD under
    > win XP (I never bothered under win 98, so i'm not sure if it's an OS
    > problem). I get the same errors as snooker gets- unable to load DLL, ASUS MB
    > not found, etc. It's extraordinarily frustrating- GOD I MISS DOS! user
    > friendly, not at all, but at least i could beat it into submission. under
    > win xp, im lost.
    > -Marvin, disgruntled bios updater
    >
    > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
    >

    >>It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
    >>installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
    >>Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
    >>personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
    >>a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).
    >>
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>
    >>Jim Macklin wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is this a retail ASUS motherboard or is it a ASUS
    >>>motherboard that was used by a company, such as
    >>>Hewlett-Packard to build the computer. If it is a HP or
    >>>other brand computer, you need to get your BIOS and other
    >>>motherboard updates from the OEM rather than ASUS.
    >>>
    >>>You are not clear, but if you are trying to flash the BIOS,
    >>>Windows has nothing to do with the operation. There are two
    >>>ways to flash a BIOS, the traditional method is to download
    >>>the update, which is often zipped. Unzip the update on to a
    >>>bootable floppy disk. Then boot the computer from that
    >>>floppy.
    >>>A new method involves an exe program that runs inside
    >>>Windows and updates the BIOS.
    >>>
    >>>In any case this is not a Windows problem, I suspect it is
    >>>operator error in method or process.

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I have a Vision Computers Workstation CPU with an ASUS P4BGL-MX motherboard
    that I purchased in June 2003. It's running Windows XP Pro and was fine until
    about a week ago when my Windows automatic update began trying to download
    SP2.

    My computer began restarting itself--until I turned the feature off--so to
    try to solve the problem, I updated the Intel graphics driver as well as the
    Intel chipset. I reinstalled the USB 2.0 drivers (which uninstalled my laser
    printer) as well as the Avance'97 sound drivers. It then started freezing and
    crashing with blue screen errors like Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. When I'd
    restart, I get a serious error message from Microsoft and when I'd go onto
    the site, I'd read that it was an Intel issue. I tried uninstalling and
    reinstalling the graphics driver and chipset. Same deal.

    Finally, today, I tried updating the BIOS from v. 1002 but can't update the
    bios either; not by using the disc that came with the motherboard or DOS
    where I keep getting a "WARNING! This bios does not match the onboard! Press
    ESC to abort" messate.

    When I use the ASUS BIOS update utility, XP does not recognize the
    motherboard! The the computer is still crashing, freezing and giving me that
    lovely royal blue screen. I haven't been able to work on this computer, which
    has both of my contact managers and my laser printer attached, for a week.

    As much as I like using my new Sony Vaio with 12" screen, I'd like to get
    back to using my workstation with 20" screen before I go blind! Can somebody
    help me? I'm getting just a little frustrated...well, okay, my neighbors hear
    me yelling at my 'puters! HELP!!!

    "Nathan McNulty" wrote:

    > You can still update in DOS by using a Windows 98 Bootdisk and putting
    > the flash utility and BIOS a floppy too. I would recommend trying the
    > latest version of the software for Windows XP as it works flawlessly on
    > my ASUS P4P800 and XP with SP2. Here is a link:
    > http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/Asusupdt52801.zip
    >
    > Also, for your ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, you are going to want to update as
    > there was a recent BIOS release that fixes the issue with a USB device
    > that is connected to the system is put as the first in the boot order.
    > I am still waiting until they release this for the P4P800 (non Deluxe).
    >
    > A little secret if you like overclocking. You can flash the BIOS with
    > the BIOS from the P4P8X (flashing the ENTIRE BIOS) which will limit the
    > processor to a FSB of 533. Now flash back to the P4P800 Deluxe BIOS
    > (but do not use the command to overwrite the ENTIRE BIOS, just to flash
    > the normal parts). This leaves the bootstrap of 533 and allows you to
    > enable PAT at FSB higher than 200 MHz ;)
    >
    > Running with Full PAT at 250 MHz on the FSB right now and it is great.
    >
    > -----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >
    > Marvin wrote:
    > > I too am having the same exact problem. I have an ASUS P4P800 delux MB.
    > > I've been using it for the last year without issue under win 98, but I
    > > upgraded to windows XP tonight and am completely unable to update the bios.
    > > Under win 98 I simply used AFUDOS, but since win XP has no native DOS
    > > support, I have been forced to try a windows based utility. I have been
    > > unable to install the ASUS live update software from my MB install CD under
    > > win XP (I never bothered under win 98, so i'm not sure if it's an OS
    > > problem). I get the same errors as snooker gets- unable to load DLL, ASUS MB
    > > not found, etc. It's extraordinarily frustrating- GOD I MISS DOS! user
    > > friendly, not at all, but at least i could beat it into submission. under
    > > win xp, im lost.
    > > -Marvin, disgruntled bios updater
    > >
    > > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
    > >

    > >>It sounds like he is using the ASUS Live Update Utility. Have you tried
    > >>installing the latest chipset drivers and the latest version of ASUS
    > >>Live Update? ASUS motherboards are among the best in the market. I
    > >>personally will not buy anything but ASUS and ABIT. It sounds more like
    > >>a ID ten T error to me :) (aka Operator error).
    > >>
    > >>Nathan McNulty

  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    The motherboard is not recognized because you do not have a retail ASUS
    board. You need to check the computer manufacturer's website for a BIOS
    update. I have not heard of Vision Computers, but that is probably
    because I don't do anything with workstations. Check with them for a
    BIOS update ;)

    -----
    Nathan McNulty

    Dee in DC wrote:
> [...]
    >>
    >>-----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>
    >>Marvin wrote:
    >>
    >>>I too am having the same exact problem. I have an ASUS P4P800 delux MB.
    >>>I've been using it for the last year without issue under win 98, but I
    >>>upgraded to windows XP tonight and am completely unable to update the bios.
    >>>Under win 98 I simply used AFUDOS, but since win XP has no native DOS
    >>>support, I have been forced to try a windows based utility. I have been
    >>>unable to install the ASUS live update software from my MB install CD under
    >>>win XP (I never bothered under win 98, so i'm not sure if it's an OS
    >>>problem). I get the same errors as snooker gets- unable to load DLL, ASUS MB
    >>>not found, etc. It's extraordinarily frustrating- GOD I MISS DOS! user
    >>>friendly, not at all, but at least i could beat it into submission. under

Hardware Microsoft Motherboards Windows XP