Problem with my CD-WR drive writing

I recently formated my drive that had xp home and
installed xp professional. I am having a problem with
the drive with it comes to burning or writing anything on
to cd disks. I have tried 2 different programs and both
say that they burned all the files successfully but after
that there is nothing on any of the disks. It says its
doing, but its not?? Can somebody please help me out
here.

Thanks,

Kevin

It was working on XP Home, so it isn't the BIOS. It shouldn't be the
drivers. Try removing it from your Device Manager. Also, have you tried
using Nero? Also, it may help to try updating the firmware. If you
need help with any of this, let me know.

To remove from Device Manager, click Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and
click ok. Now expand DVD\CD Drive and right click on your drive. Now
chose uninstall and reboot. Windows should reinstall the drive when it
loads back up ;)

Nathan McNulty

Kevin wrote:

> I recently formated my drive that had xp home and
> installed xp professional. I am having a problem with
> the drive with it comes to burning or writing anything on
> to cd disks. I have tried 2 different programs and both
> say that they burned all the files successfully but after
> that there is nothing on any of the disks. It says its
> doing, but its not?? Can somebody please help me out
> here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

I have a similar problem.....I backup a file to a CD-RW,
but I can't open the file from the CD-RW...It appears to
be on the CD, but I can't open and read it from the
CD...Wish I knew why!

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;324129

Nathan McNulty