p4p800-mx fan noise....

Hello NG guru's,

The fans in my system start full speed and keep doing so all the time
(cpu-case and powersupply) resulting in a little to much noise.
Anyone know a solution for this???
--
Grtnxx Stegmann

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Stegmann wrote:

> Hello NG guru's,
>
> The fans in my system start full speed and keep doing so all the time
> (cpu-case and powersupply) resulting in a little to much noise.
> Anyone know a solution for this???

For an idea of what is available, try www.quietpc.com. The Zalman
coolers are very good. There are alternatives - I bought a nexus quiet
power supply from www.novatech.com which has helped a lot

Chris

--
cut along the dotted line to reply

"Stegmann" <nosp@mfor.me> wrote in message
> Hello NG guru's,
>
> The fans in my system start full speed and keep doing so all the time
> (cpu-case and powersupply) resulting in a little to much noise.
> Anyone know a solution for this???
> --
> Grtnxx Stegmann

I leave the side panel off on my K8V, otherwise the fan makes too much
noise. It's just poor ventilation in the case - cheap case. Of course better
ventilation means more fans so leaving the side off is a good compromise.

"Stegmann" <nosp@mfor.me> wrote in message
> Hello NG guru's,
>
> The fans in my system start full speed and keep doing so all the time
> (cpu-case and powersupply) resulting in a little to much noise.
> Anyone know a solution for this???
> --
> Grtnxx Stegmann

How much do you want to spend?
Try an aftermarket fan, but with more powerful CPUs, fan noise this is
pretty much par for the course these days.
If you have your PC case on the top of the desk try putting it under the
desk.

TRENDING THREADS