Canon i350 excessive inking?

Al

My new canon i350 seems to be putting too much black ink onto the
paper. It causes the paper to wrinkle under dark areas of the printed
page, and in places the edges of the printing look a little fuzzy.

My previous experience is with a Canon BJC-250 that produced crisp
text and no wrinkled paper.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to turn down the ink
output without going to a lower image quality? Does the i350 need a
special paper that the BJC-250 didn't?

TIA for any suggestions.

What kind of cartridges you are useing

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

"Al" <me@nospam.net> wrote in message news:409a1c4b.1785142@news.mr.net...
> My new canon i350 seems to be putting too much black ink onto the
> paper. It causes the paper to wrinkle under dark areas of the printed
> page, and in places the edges of the printing look a little fuzzy.
>
> My previous experience is with a Canon BJC-250 that produced crisp
> text and no wrinkled paper.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to turn down the ink
> output without going to a lower image quality? Does the i350 need a
> special paper that the BJC-250 didn't?
>
> TIA for any suggestions.

Al

On Thu, 6 May 2004 14:41:17 +0200, "Adriatic" <servis@adriatix.hr>
wrote:

>What kind of cartridges you are useing
>

>--
>Adriatix
>http://adriatix.hr/

I'm still on the original Canon cartridge, it's a new printer.

In that case if you are not satisfied with how original ink is soaked in a
paper, only what I can recommend you, is that you try to refill these
cartridges.

Ask for fast drying ink for Canon i300. Take it from various sources since
difference are significant . Then keep on refilling with the one you liked
the most.

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:26:15 +0200, "Adriatic" <servis@adriatix.hr>
wrote:

>In that case if you are not satisfied with how original ink is soaked in a
>paper, only what I can recommend you, is that you try to refill these
>cartridges.
>
>Ask for fast drying ink for Canon i300. Take it from various sources since
>difference are significant . Then keep on refilling with the one you liked
>the most.
>
>--
>Adriatix
>http://adriatix.hr/

Does the print quality affect the amount of ink? I am accustomed to an
HP laser printer that has an adjustment for lighter or darker in the
printer driver. Is such an adjustment possible on an inkjet printer,
maybe somewhere in the calibration panel?

The higher quality print is supposed to have a more dense printing, or have
more dots per inch (dpi). This will use more ink, depending on the picture
content. .

--

Greetings,

Jerry G.
=====

wrote:

>In that case if you are not satisfied with how original ink is soaked in a
>paper, only what I can recommend you, is that you try to refill these
>cartridges.
>
>Ask for fast drying ink for Canon i300. Take it from various sources since
>difference are significant . Then keep on refilling with the one you liked
>the most.
>
>--
>Adriatix
>http://adriatix.hr/

Does the print quality affect the amount of ink? I am accustomed to an
HP laser printer that has an adjustment for lighter or darker in the
printer driver. Is such an adjustment possible on an inkjet printer,
maybe somewhere in the calibration panel?

You can go to properties in your driver and look for color adjustment menu.
Then you try to adjust black there, as well.
If you make that adjustment in My computer, these settings would be
permanent.

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

On Tue, 11 May 2004 20:25:18 +0200, "Adriatic" <servis@adriatix.hr>
wrote:

>You can go to properties in your driver and look for color adjustment menu.
>Then you try to adjust black there, as well.
>If you make that adjustment in My computer, these settings would be
>permanent.
>
>--
>Adriatix
>http://adriatix.hr/

Thanks, I found the adjustment. I set the Color to Custom in the main
tab and that enabled the brightness adjustment menu.

I just use lighter printing for everyday documents to save on ink but
will go back to the Auto setting for printing photos.

Thanks very much for the help!