Event ID: 51
Date: 2004/06/23
Time: 08:44:20 PM
User: N/A
Computer: BLUESCREEN
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a
paging operation.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve the problem that
causes this message to appear. I have looked up info on
Event ID 51 on MS knowledge base, but none of the info
relates to errors during paging operations.

Also, my computer often reboots when I read files off the
cdrom. Could this have anything to do with this?

There could be a couple of reasons this happens. This is my suggestion.
Check and see if there is a BIOS Update for your motherboard (if you
know what brand and model it is, let me know and I can find the latest
BIOS). Also, check and see if there is a firmware update for your
CD-ROM (again, I can help there with the brand and model number).
Lastly, try a different IDE Cable inside and as a last resort, try
repairing Windows.

You can try removing the CD-ROM Drive from Device Manager (Click
Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and click ok, expand DVD\CD Drive, right
click the CD-ROM and click uninstall, then REBOOT, and Windows will
reinstall it). Those are the only things I can think of right now.

Nathan McNulty

Gary T wrote:

> Hi
>
> I often see this entry in my event log:
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: Cdrom
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 51
> Date: 2004/06/23
> Time: 08:44:20 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: BLUESCREEN
> An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a
> paging operation.
>
> Does anyone have any idea on how to solve the problem that
> causes this message to appear. I have looked up info on
> Event ID 51 on MS knowledge base, but none of the info
> relates to errors during paging operations.
>
> Also, my computer often reboots when I read files off the
> cdrom. Could this have anything to do with this?

Hi

Try here:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=51

--