K8N-E Deluxe - remove hardware icon for SATA disk?

martin

I've put together a PC for my father with this board and a SATA drive
(maxtor). I connected the drive to the NVDIA Sata controller.
Everything works perfectly, but there's an icon on the lower right telling
me I can safely remove my hardware. When I click it I see the Maxtor
drive...
I know SATA drives are hot pluggable and you probably have to use the
'remove hardware' feature to do that safely, but I don't want to see that
icon... Only solution I can think of is make the icon invisible, but it will
be invisible too for other hardware I connect, right?

By the way: my own computer also has a SATA drive (on a promise controller),
but I never saw any icon to remove it?

Any suggestions?

Martin
The Netherlands

martin

Well, no anwwers to this question I guess... but still my problem was
solved. I had to do a re-install of this computer. And this time I didn't
use the F6 option to load a SATA driver. The SATA drive was recognised
during setup and the installation went perfectly. And... no more 'remove
hardware' icon in windows...

--
Martin
The Netherlands