computer doesn't recognize discs

hi,hope someone can help.my computer doesn't recognize dvd discs in my burner at all.it does recognize them in the dvd player though.the dvd burner will only play audio cd's but when a blank dvd or a dvd is inserted its not being recognized.i tried to use nero but it says please insert disc.also with nero i tried to burn an audio cd and that came up as an error and the burn process failed.it does recognize cdr.also if i try to play the dvd manually in media player it comes up drive busy.as well i also tried tmpgenc to burn a dvd disc and that came up drive not ready.this problem just started yesterday for it was working wednesday night .
1 answer Last reply
More about computer doesn recognize discs

    The information is kind of limited, so here are some links for you to
    check out:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867717

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218617

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308012

    Nathan McNulty

    shyguy wrote:

    > hi,hope someone can help.my computer doesn't recognize dvd discs in my burner at all.it does recognize them in the dvd player though.the dvd burner will only play audio cd's but when a blank dvd or a dvd is inserted its not being recognized.i tried to use nero but it says please insert disc.also with nero i tried to burn an audio cd and that came up as an error and the burn process failed.it does recognize cdr.also if i try to play the dvd manually in media player it comes up drive busy.as well i also tried tmpgenc to burn a dvd disc and that came up drive not ready.this problem just started yesterday for it was working wednesday night .

DVD Computers Burner Windows XP