A8V vs K8V ?

A quick question, is there any advantage of A8V over K8V or vice versa ?

Although at first I tend toward K8N (754-pin), but now thinking of AV8
(939-pin) instead.
The price of CPUs of both pin-types are exactly the same.

Is the difference on memory channel ? Or something else ?

TIA for any advice or info.

Hi, yes, the A8V has higher CPU speeds available than the K8N, therefore
your upgrade opportunities are greater....
Chris C
"aq" <awalk@liverpool.com> wrote in message
>A quick question, is there any advantage of A8V over K8V or vice versa ?
>
> Although at first I tend toward K8N (754-pin), but now thinking of AV8
> (939-pin) instead.
> The price of CPUs of both pin-types are exactly the same.
>
> Is the difference on memory channel ? Or something else ?
>
> TIA for any advice or info.

A8V for sure. I was going to go the 754 route but seeing there was only a
small price difference I got the 939.(A8V)
It does support Dual Channel memory.
Very fast and stable.

Chris Catt wrote:
> Hi, yes, the A8V has higher CPU speeds available than the K8N, therefore
> your upgrade opportunities are greater....
> Chris C

Plus the fact that s939 CPU's allows for dual-channel memory, wich the
s754 CPU's do not, unless I've been mislead.

HTH /Ola J

> "aq" <awalk@liverpool.com> wrote in message
>
>>A quick question, is there any advantage of A8V over K8V or vice versa ?
>>
>>Although at first I tend toward K8N (754-pin), but now thinking of AV8
>>(939-pin) instead.
>>The price of CPUs of both pin-types are exactly the same.
>>
>>Is the difference on memory channel ? Or something else ?
>>
>>TIA for any advice or info.

Many thanks, Chris.

-------
"Chris Catt" <cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, yes, the A8V has higher CPU speeds available than the K8N, therefore
> your upgrade opportunities are greater....
> Chris C
> "aq" <awalk@liverpool.com> wrote in message
> >A quick question, is there any advantage of A8V over K8V or vice versa ?
> >
> > Although at first I tend toward K8N (754-pin), but now thinking of AV8
> > (939-pin) instead.
> > The price of CPUs of both pin-types are exactly the same.
> >
> > Is the difference on memory channel ? Or something else ?
> >
> > TIA for any advice or info.

Yes, the price of A8V and K8V is almost identical too.

Thanks everyone; I think I will take the A8V.