How to solve the conflict of my PS/2 mouse and the motherb..

a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2004 6:37:36 PM

Hi all,

My motherboard's(INTEL D845GVSR) bios don't recognize
my ps/2 mouse. And my XP is unable to use my mouse too.
But my mouse was successfully running in another
motherboard and my motherboard recognize another ps/2
mouse too.

I have a test over my mouse(bad mouse) and another ps/2
mouse(good mouse).
1) Before booting up machine, I plugged good mouse into
the board.
2) After booting up machine, I plugged off the good mouse
from the board and plugged the bad one into it.

The result is amazing--the bad mouse works.

By the way, Is the "PNP os" helpful for that?
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
congling
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2004 4:11:04 AM

OK, first off, Windows loaded the driver for a PS/2 mouse and it can be
removed and plugged back in (any PS/2 mouse) and it will work. With
your "bad" mouse, Windows does not seem to recognize it and install its
drivers. Why not just use the good mouse and put the "bad" one on the
other the "good" one came from? Anywsys, make sure the "bad" mouse is
tightly plugged in while the power is off and then boot up. PS/2 is not
plug and play in a way that you can plug it in while Windows is running
and it will automatically pull up the drivers and install the device.

Nathan McNulty

!