ASUS P5GDC-V Deluxe AGP???

I am wondering whether the above mentioned motherboard supports AGP video
cards?

There is no specific mention of it on the asus.com product page. Can I use
my AGP video card on this board?
(it talks about having intel graphics media accelerator 900)

Thanks in advance

Tilly

Paul

Splendid

In article <OWpod.311048$%k.255952@pd7tw2no>, "Office Space"
<tilly@telus.net> wrote:

> I am wondering whether the above mentioned motherboard supports AGP video
> cards?
>
> There is no specific mention of it on the asus.com product page. Can I use
> my AGP video card on this board?
> (it talks about having intel graphics media accelerator 900)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tilly

Of all the P5xxx boards, it looks like only the P5P800 supports
AGP, and that is because it uses an 865 chipset, whereas the
other boards use 915/925 chipsets. P5P800 has a LGA775 socket
for the processor, and everything else on the board is
previous generation technology.

P5AD2 Premium PCI_Express P5AD2 Deluxe PCI_Express
P5GD2 Premium PCI_Express P5GD2 Deluxe PCI_Express P5GD1 PCI_Express
P5GDC Deluxe PCI_Express P5GD2 PCI_Express
P5GDC-V PCI_Express P5GD1-VM PCI_Express
P5P800 AGP

The Taiwan site offers this SIS chipset board, and it has AGP.
Note that not all Asus motherboards are available in all markets.
The P5xxx designation, I gather, indicates use of an LGA775 socket.

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/mb/socket775/p5s800-vm/overview.htm

The only other thing to watch out for, is motherboards using
xxxGV chipsets, as GV chipsets don't have a video card interface
at all, and you are stuck with the Intel Extreme Graphics core
inside the Northbridge as your only VGA solution.

The Athlon64 boards, on the other hand, are AFAIK, all
AGP boards. PCI_Express will be coming soon to Athlon64,
via the Nforce4 chipset. The only Athlon64 PCI-E board is here
and may not be in shops yet:

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/mb/socket939/a8nsli-d/overview.htm

HTH,
Paul

> HTH,
> Paul

It does. Thanks for taking the time.

Tilly

The P5GDC supports a PCI Express Video card (16X) -- I use an ATI 700
(256Mb ).

One caveat -- the C-Media audio chipset doeas not support 20dB
microphone boost gain -- which renders the board useless for gaing if
you plan to use a mike with it. Asus can't name a single microphone
that it will work with.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:08:46 GMT, "Office Space" <tilly@telus.net>
wrote:

>I am wondering whether the above mentioned motherboard supports AGP video
>cards?
>
>There is no specific mention of it on the asus.com product page. Can I use
>my AGP video card on this board?
>(it talks about having intel graphics media accelerator 900)
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Tilly

TRENDING THREADS