Closed

Server verification failed!

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

I get this error when I try to join TFC server from The All-Seeing
Eyes. What does this mean? What is the problem? Anyone?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

    Does TFC normally work when you use ASE instead of Steam?

    /top posts for the first time in ages just to be annoying

    "Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
    > I get this error when I try to join TFC server from The All-Seeing
    > Eyes. What does this mean? What is the problem? Anyone?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Cookie McCrumble skrev:

    > Does TFC normally work when you use ASE instead of Steam?

    Yep, think i found the problem. HL.EXE needed server rights in the
    firwall (to accept incoming connections). This must be a change in how
    Steam works - beacuse earlier it did NOT need this (only ASE needed)

    I'm not sure I am that happy about this. Why should HL.EXE need server
    right (listen to incoming) when I'm not hosting a game. I really don't
    like giving programs this access withouth really know why they need.

    (X-post to more general group since this is a general Steam thing now)

    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
    WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Asus Games Servers Video Games