Server verification failed!

Last response: in Video Games
April 12, 2005 9:18:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

I get this error when I try to join TFC server from The All-Seeing
Eyes. What does this mean? What is the problem? Anyone?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

Does TFC normally work when you use ASE instead of Steam?

/top posts for the first time in ages just to be annoying

"Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
> I get this error when I try to join TFC server from The All-Seeing
> Eyes. What does this mean? What is the problem? Anyone?

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 6:34:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Cookie McCrumble skrev:

> Does TFC normally work when you use ASE instead of Steam?

Yep, think i found the problem. HL.EXE needed server rights in the
firwall (to accept incoming connections). This must be a change in how
Steam works - beacuse earlier it did NOT need this (only ASE needed)

I'm not sure I am that happy about this. Why should HL.EXE need server
right (listen to incoming) when I'm not hosting a game. I really don't
like giving programs this access withouth really know why they need.

(X-post to more general group since this is a general Steam thing now)

--
!