Wireless Internet Connection Sharing Problem!

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have connected a PC that uses a dial-up connection to a wireless router via
a regular LAN connection...

My laptop connects to the network with a wireless PCMCIA card...

Both computers recognize each other well... they can file share and print
share...

The laptop SAYS it has an internet connection (it calls it an Internet
Gateway) when the PC is online... it just can't actually access the internet.

I followed Microsoft Knowledge Base Article ID : 306126 about internet
connection sharing exactly.
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306126#4)

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Why won't my laptop talk to the internet?

I followed MS Knowledge base

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

May be this can Help.

Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a Router -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
mspx?pf=trueHi

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have connected a PC that uses a dial-up connection to a wireless router
via
> a regular LAN connection...
>
> My laptop connects to the network with a wireless PCMCIA card...
>
> Both computers recognize each other well... they can file share and print
> share...
>
> The laptop SAYS it has an internet connection (it calls it an Internet
> Gateway) when the PC is online... it just can't actually access the
internet.

> I followed Microsoft Knowledge Base Article ID : 306126 about internet
> connection sharing exactly.
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306126#4)
>
> Can anyone tell me what is going on? Why won't my laptop talk to the
internet?

> I followed MS Knowledge base

peter

try this